|Attack Power||x1.00||Attunement Limit||21|
|Defense Power||x1.05||Yokai Shift||Feral|
Guardian Spirit Protection
|Special Effect||Bonus||Stat req.|
|Anima Charge Bonus (Cumulative Damage)||A-||-|
|Ki Recovery Speed||+12.5%||-|
|Divine Rice Drop Rate||+8.8%||Heart + Constitution = 14|
|Lightning Damage||+20.0%||Courage + Magic = 12|
Ame-no-Mitori is one of the three starter Guardian Spirits
, along with Makami and Kagewani.
Guardian Spirits can be selected on the Shrine menu and each provides a different boost to the player.
Activate Yokai Shift by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller)when the Amrita Gauge is full.
"An eagle-like guardian spirit enveloped by lightning. They are also known as Ame-no-Hinatori or Takehinatori, and are seen as either a servant of the lightning gods or as a lightning god itself."
"An old legend states that it was these spirits that brought the first rice plants to Japan and protected the crops. It was also believed that thunderstorms helped rice crops flourish, further cementing the myth."
"Ame-no-Mitori has been depicted as eagles, swans, cranes and all manner of birds. The blinding lightning surrounding them makes it difficult to make out their true shape."
How to unlock Ame-no-Mitori
- Available as one of the 3 starting guardians
How to use Ame-no-Mitori
- See Yokai Shift for control scheme.
- Guardian Spirit skill is Ame-no-Mitori flying forward a short distance or until it touches an enemy, at which point it causes a lightning bolt to attack from the sky, doing small amounts of physical damage, moderate Ki damage and large amounts of Lightning damage. Has fast start up when used up close and staggers any enemy it hits.
- Combined with Shin-Roku as the primary spirit, you can gain 30% lightning damage. With any other Lightning element guardian spirit, you can switch to this one when you do a lightning attack to gain an extra 10% lightning damage.
- It's one of the guardian spirits with second lowest amount of attunement slots in the game, combined with middle of the road attack and defense multipliers, and several low impact passives. For example Divine Rice Drop Rate, while in practice significantly increasing the amount of Divine Rice you get, stops being relevant quickly, and Running Speed isn't a super important stat. However, it's guardian spirit skill is one of the best in the game because it is strong for staggering and to prevent enemies from attacking, especially in conjunction with charged yokai shift strong attacks or Yokai Skills that stagger, creating a suffocating offense. It also has strong applications for builds based around lightning damage.
|Nioh 2 Guardian Spirits|
Amabie ♦ Atlas Bear ♦ Baku ♦ Blue Dragon ♦ Genbu ♦ Gyokuto ♦ Hakutaku ♦ Hiyokucho ♦ Ho ♦ Ho-oh ♦ Hoh-oh ♦ Hyobishin ♦ Inosasao ♦ Isanagami ♦ Itokuri ♦ Janomecho ♦ Kagewani ♦ Kurama Tengu ♦ Kuzunoha the Fox ♦ Makami ♦ Masaru ♦ Mizuchi ♦ Nekomata ♦ Nine Tails ♦ Oh ♦ Okuri-Inu ♦ Rokugezo ♦ Saoirse ♦ Saorise ♦ Shin-Roku ♦ Shirohami ♦ Sohaya ♦ Suzaku ♦ Tengen Kujaku ♦ Usura-Hicho ♦ Yaonami-Hime ♦ Yatagarasu ♦ Yumehami