Ashiya Doman (NPC) is an NPC in Nioh 2. NPCs are characters that can be interacted with or are shown in the game. NPCs are characters that add contrast to the game's lore where they provide information, some are categorized as quest givers, while others are categorized as Merchants whom you can trade with or request for certain services.
Ashiya Doman (NPC) Information
- Ashiya Doman is an Onmyo mage from the mid-Heian period. He is believed to have been born in Harima Pronvince (known today as Hyogo prefecture). Many say his magic skills rival that of the great Abe no Seimei. After Doman was defeated by Seimei in a test of magical skill, some say he became one of Seimei's disciples. Others say he left the capital and plotted to assassinate a noble by means of sorcery. However, all of this is ulitmately conjecture, and he remains an enigma.
- As part of his plot to bring ruin to the capital, Doman uses dark magic to summon Tsuchigumo to the Rashomon gate. When Tsuchigumo is defeated by the protagonist, Doman reveals himself and transforms the Nigitama Yorimitsu unleashes on him into ragin Aratama. Cool and composed, he leaves Yorimitsu and her companions to fend for themselves, considering them beneath him.
- Using the power of the Spirit Stones that lie beneath the palace, Doman reshapes the land, turning the palace into an unearthly demonic playground. Hoping to stop the protagonist who is hot on his trail, he transforms Nekomata into the White Tiger, but the protagonist manages to cut the fearsome cat down, Doman and the protagonist finally fight in the depths beneath the palace, and in the ensuing battle, Doman uses his own body to channel the Lightning Gods of Yomi. However, even this is not enough to prevent the protagonist from prevailing. The mysterious man with the staff emerges from Doman’s corpse and vanishes without a trace.
- Despite Doman’s defeat during the events at the inner court, he is reported to have returned to Ise.
- After the protagonist succeeds in quelling Doman once again, Seimei recounts how he and Doman used to be comrades. According to Seimei, Doman came to dabble in dark magic due to his resentment at the world, which led to the two Onmyo mages parting ways. As Seimei looks back upon the time they spent together, he prays that Doman will finally find peace in the afterlife.
Ashiya Doman (NPC) Location
Ashiya Doman (NPC) Related Missions
Ashiya Doman (NPC) Notes & Tips