Bloodspider Blade is one of the Odachi's in Nioh 2. This weapon works in conjunction with the Odachi Skills skill tree. The Odachi weapon type scales very well with Strength but also has some scaling from Stamina and Heart. So if your Build has high Strength, consider using this weapon type.
Bloodspider Blade Description
This odachi blade was used to defeat a giant spider yokai, and is named in honor of this. This blade is stained dark red and spider web motifs cover the hilt.
According to a legend of the Chugoku region, a warrior set off to defeat the spider yokai, but a few days later, both he and the spider were found dead. Lying next to the man was this sword. Those who discovered the bodies feared the sword was cursed and offered it to a shrine for sakefeeping. However, it was later stolen and lost...
Amrita Memories Background
- "Just like the butterflies that get trapped in my web… you won’t get away!"
- "To hunt my prey…is only what comes naturally."
- "You wish to kill me? What foolish impudence."
- "This blade… I detest it… For it is the one that split me open…"
- "All the pain I endured… You will know it a hundredfold!"
Location: Where to Find Bloodspider Blade
- Dropped at: The Viper's Sanctum (weapon and smithing text)
- Occasionally Dropped by Otakemaru in Main Mission: In the Eye of the Beholder
Materials Needed to Craft Bloodspider Blade
Bloodspider Blade Notes & Trivia
- See Blacksmith to understand weapon inheritance and properties.
- Even with the Third Rule of Thrusting (+6% thrust damage) and the 3-piece bonus from Onmyo Austerity (+15% Devastating Rush damage), Devastating Rush deals less damage than Imperative Strike. Therefore, it is better to use Imperative Strike against a paralyzed enemy.
- An Ethereal Bloodspider Blade gives +30% damage vs. a paralyzed enemy. Each accessory can provide +24.9%, and the Profligate Sinner 3-piece bonus provides a further 40% for a theoretical maximum total of +119.8%.
- There are better weapons for applying paralysis and for making the most out of the bonus damage. For instance, Piercing Rain can apply paralysis more quickly than any odachi move, and the nature of the attack can allow for several hits without breaking the paralysis. In addition, Twisting Spear hits much harder than either Devastating Rush or Imperative Strike. If one already has the other sources of bonus damage vs. paralyzed enemies mentioned above, the player may have better results with alternative weapons.