Devotional Helmet is a Medium Head Armor in Nioh 2. Head Armor protects the head of the player, and can have varying degrees of quality and level, just like Weapons. In addition, they can provide Toughness bonus, physical, and elemental protection to your character. Medium Armor provides a balance between protection and agility. Toughness makes you deplete less Ki when Blocking, so if you wish to Block more often, consider wearing Armor that provides more. Usually the heavier Armor the better.
Devotional Helmet Description
This is one of a family of helmets featuring fantastical designs. It was worn by Mori Ranmaru, page to Oda Nobunaga. This black Nathan helm feattres a front crest with a relief of a six-character name for the Buddha, known as a Rokuji-Myogo, which is recited to show ones deep devotion. Chanting this prayer is thought to guarantee a safe passage to Paradise after death, and its inclusion on a helmet signifies the wexer is ready to die in battle.
Location: Where to Find Devotional Helmet
- Dropped by: Dropped By Mori Ranmaru (See Notes)
- Smithing Text: Devotional Helmet
Materials Needed to Craft Devotional Helmet
- ?? x2, ?? x4, ?? x6, ?? x1
Devotional Helmet Notes & Trivia
- See Blacksmith for more information.
- Ranmaru is located in the Side Mission The Warrior in the Dawn region, but is not initially available. His spawn location is: from beging , after the one-eyed oni, take left. After exit the house to the right there is 2 humans facing eachother. He is beside them, if spawned.
- The conditions to get the revanant to spawn are as follows:
- Start the Main Mission The Frenzied Blaze
- Summon the Acolytes of his siblings, Bomaru and Rikimaru
- Bomaru is in a corner connected to the building with it's roof on fire next to the first blue flame wheelmonk, at the opposite end the gate in that long straight away. The building has a strongbox chest, skeleton warrior and fire oni-bi inside.
- Rikimaru is past the locked door behind the second shrine. Take a left at the Nurakabe wall and when you get outside look left. Rikimaru is behind the wooden fence. On the other side is a dweller and fire oni-bi.
- Talk to the Obsidian Samurai and he will follow you. After this, go the the large burning building next to the second shrine. A corpse next sitting against a lamp post on the side opposite to the part of the building closest to the shrine will have thought amrita, activating it will drop a Devotional Helmet. If everything is done correctly, the Obsidian Samurai will remark "That Helmet..." and Ranmaru's Revenant will become available.
- Also you have to have that helmet in your inventory, when you are in the submission