Gyuki is an enormous yokai with the legs of a spider and head of a bull. It is both savage and cruel, and is known to spit poison to incapacitate its human prey before devouring those it has killed with relish. It is often connected to water in legends, with many eyewitness reporting seeing Gyuki by beaches, deep pools, or the bases of waterfalls. Many of these places are name after Gyuki in Western Japan.
To such a monstrous yokai, a human being is nothing more than its next meal. Even those who make a living from slaying yokai are put to the test when forced to face a Gyuki in battle. The most dangerous threat it poses is it’s deadly poison. Its blood and bodily secretions are just as toxic as the poisonous fog it generates. To prevail in battle against a Gyuki, one must skillfully avoid its blood, whether spattered from a wound or pooled on the ground, and outmaneuver it at all costs.
There are all kinds of tales about this bovine yokai. In some, it curses its victims with an incurable illness, or anyone who is unlucky enough to see it is stricken with disease. In others, it transforms into a woman with wings, swooping down on its victims from the sky. Perhaps the most unusual tale of all is one in which a Gyuki is said to have saved a man who owed it a favor. Legend has it that after saving this man, Gyuki said, “Saving a man’s life requires another to be taken in exchange,” and vanished, having sacrificed itself.
Gyuki Locations & Drops
How to Beat Gyuki
Gyuki Boss Guide:
Gyuki can be very intimidating at first but there are many strategies that can be used to make this fight easier.
At the start of the fight you will want to head to his rear legs (the ones with Amrita) and attack them until the Amrita breaks. This will cause both Health and Ki damage.
Note: Remember to use your guard each time he performs an attack. There is a delay between his attacks so even if you run out of Ki you will be able to recover for the next attack.
Once you are done with the legs there are two strategies that you can use to fight him:
1) Stay under his belly or rear part and attack him. He can only use two attacks from his belly or rear (Belly Attack and Stomp Attack). Just keep attacking him until you see he is about to strike. Then use your guard to avoid the damage (even if your Ki is depleted he won't be able to use a second strike). He will occasionally turn around and try to face you. When this happens run to his belly again and repeat until the boss is defeated.
2) The other way to beat him is staying at a distance and luring his burst attack. The burst attack can be easily countered and provides a good opportunity to deal damage. This strategy is slower and will require more time but can be effective if you can avoid his ranged attacks. After you counter him, deal some damage, run away and repeat.
3)He will try to face you to swing his front legs if you are near his front, but you can take advantage of the AI for this. If you stand underneath the shoulder joint for one of the front legs, you can shift your target lock to the rear leg on the other side. This will keep you next to his body, and you will be able to rotate with him and attack as you please while he tries to target you. Occasionally, he will jump away to try and reposition himself, or jump up and slam down on you. Back away, get back into position and repeat until he dies.
Attacks & Counters
|Dual Hit: He will use the claws to perform a two hit combo in front of him.||You want to stay away from his head, try to dodge forward and avoid the second strike.|
|Stomp Attack: He will raise his legs and perform a powerful stomp over the player.||Use your guard to prevent the damage. Even if you run out of Ki, he won't be able to perform a second attack.|
|Belly Attack: He will jump and strike down with his belly.||Use your guard to prevent the damage. Even if you run out of Ki, he won't be able to perform a second attack.|
|Grapple Attack: He will perform a powerful grapple attack forward||Try to stay away from his head. If you are at a medium distance run backwards.|
|Poison Breath: He will throw a poison cloud that moves straight in front of him.||Dodge left or right to avoid the cloud.|
|Ice Breath: He will throw Ice Breath from his mouth||Dodge left or right to avoid the ray.|
|Burst Attack: He will quickly move forward dealing massive damage.||If you are at a distance, you can time a counter burst to stop him and deal massive Ki damage.|
Notes & Trivia
- If you have unlocked the Enhanced Shrapnel Bomb skill in the Ninjutsu skill tree, you can take advantage of its size to let most of the bombs hit dealing massive damage from the start.
- Memories - “I thought there was no one I could not chew up and spit out…The world is not as I thought it was.”
- Destroying the two crystal clusters on the back two legs knock it down and let you get a lot of free hits in, and makes the fight easier