|Attack Power||x1.12||Attunement Limit||24|
|Defense Power||x0.88||Yokai Shift||Brute|
Guardian Spirit Protection
|Special Effect||Bonus||Stat req.|
|Anima Bonus (Guard)||A-||-|
|Attack Bonus (Amrita Gauge)||B+||-|
|Yokai Ability Damage (Brute)||+18.0%||-|
|Dispel Ailments (Strong Attack)||30.0%||Skill + Constitution = 27|
|Anima Charge (Critical)||+20.0%||Dexterity + Stamina = 25|
Hyobishin is one of the Guardian Spirits in Nioh 2
. Guardian Spirits can be selected on the Shrine menu and each provides a different boost to the player.
Activate Yokai Shift by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller)when the Amrita Gauge is full.
Hyobishin, the black panther, is one of the eight directional deities in Onmyodo practice. It is known for its violent temper and unforgiving nature toward the impure. Some believe it to be the avatar of Santo -Kojin, god of fire and the hearth and protector against calamities and the impure. Others believe it to be Keitosei, the star responsible for solar and lunar eclipses, that is present in the India-derived Sukuyodo school of astrology. While there were many who feared solar eclipses, believing them to be inauspicious omens, those who were more educated knew they had nothing to fear. Onmyodo practitioners kept records that allowed them to grasp the cyclic nature of eclipses, and some were officialy tasked with predicting their arrival in as early as the Nara period. It is this said that Hyobishin and Keitosei both test humanity on its ability to discern the truth when faced with bewildering circumstances.
How to unlock Hyobishin
- Start Main Mission Pervading Waters (Dawn)
How to use Hyobishin
- Yokai Shift: Brute
- Guardian Spirit has three parts:
- Hyobishin darts in from the sky. Low damage, but extremely fast startup and will stun any enemy.
- Hyobishin swipes in place, which will also stun enemies and deal a moderate amount of fire damage
- Five fire pillars explode around Hybishin. Depending on the angle multiple pillars can hit the same enemy, especially a particularly large enemy, significantly increasing damage dealt.
- Dispel Ailments (Strong Attack) does not remove ailments when they are a part of another effect. For example, it will not remove the Reduced Defense effect from the Carnage Talisman. This chance is per hit, so a strong attack that hits multiple times quickly, such as from Dual Swords and Splitstaff will give you a much better chance at activating the effect.
- This a Guardian Spirit that favors offense, slightly increasing melee and significantly increasing yokai ability damage, and giving you the ability to remove negative effects through attacking. While the Anima bonus is large, unfortunately this has no effect during Yokai Shift, like all effects based on you being at critical health.
|Nioh 2 Guardian Spirits|
Amabie ♦ Ame-no-Mitori ♦ Atlas Bear ♦ Baku ♦ Blue Dragon ♦ Genbu ♦ Gyokuto ♦ Hakutaku ♦ Hiyokucho ♦ Ho ♦ Ho-oh ♦ Hoh-oh ♦ Inosasao ♦ Isanagami ♦ Itokuri ♦ Janomecho ♦ Kagewani ♦ Kurama Tengu ♦ Kuzunoha the Fox ♦ Makami ♦ Masaru ♦ Mizuchi ♦ Nekomata ♦ Nine Tails ♦ Oh ♦ Okuri-Inu ♦ Rokugezo ♦ Saoirse ♦ Saorise ♦ Shin-Roku ♦ Shirohami ♦ Sohaya ♦ Suzaku ♦ Tengen Kujaku ♦ Usura-Hicho ♦ Yaonami-Hime ♦ Yatagarasu ♦ Yumehami