- Magara Naotaka is a retainer of the Asakura clan. Famed as a general of unparalleled ferocity, Naotaka wields an enormous odachi known as Taro Tachi that measures no less than 160 cm in length, which he swings as if it weighs next to nothing. At the Battle of Anegawa, he mounts a solo raid on the Tokugawa forces, plunging into the serried ranks of his enemies, reaching the eight line of a twelve-line defense.
- The real reason for Naotaka’s extraordinary display of ferocity at Anegawa is that in order to demonstrate his fealty to his master, he has made use of Spirit Stones to become a yokai.
- He is on the verge of defeating Honda Tadakatsu, one of the Tokugawa clan’s mightiest generals, when the protagonist intervenes, turning the tables and striking Naotaka down.
- Even after Naotaka’s defeat at Anegawa, his spirit, alongside that of his brother, Naosumi, refuses to admit. Defeat and continues to roam the battlefield in search of enemies.
- Upon hearing rumors of these ghostly apparitions, Honda Tadakatsu asks the protagonist to head to Anegawa. Sure enough, the Magara brothers appear, happy to have a worthy for to face. Once again, the protagonist defeats them, finally extinguishing the grudge which had kept their unquiet souls from finding peace.
Magara Naotaka Locations & Drops
- Found in Mission:
- Drops Mortal Soul Core
- Drops Smithing Text: Torch Spear
- Drops Smithing Text: Taro Tachi
- Drops Smithing Text: Tobikura Kusarigama
- Drops The Art of Combat Swirling Snow
- Genryu's Greaves
- Bloodstained Blade
- Onmyo Hunting Bracers
- Drops Smithing Text: Taro Tachi in "Corpses and Ice."
- Smithing Text: Double-Headed Snake Tonfa in Corpses and Ice and The Brothers' Blades
How to Beat Magara Naotaka
Magara Naotaka Boss Guide:
Magara Naotaka battlefield is big providing a lot of room to maneuver. He has a lot of health, but his attacks are slow and deal medium damage.
The best strategy is staying at a medium distance and lure him to attack you. Wait for his attack to finish go in, deal some damage and repeat. He is vulnerable to fire damage so you can either imbue your damage with fire or use items that deals direct fire damage.
Even if his attacks are slow, try to stay away, as the Nodachi has a long reach.
Attacks & Counters
|Ice Explosion: He will place his hand on the ground creating Ice explosions over the battlefield||You can see the explosion before it happens, try to stay away from them.|
|Ranged Ice Attack: He will raise his weapon and slam the ground sending a wave of Ice towards the player||Dodge either left or right. After the attack finishes he will need time to recover. You can use this time to attack him or heal|
|Dual Nodachi: While in the Dark Realm he can conjure a second Nodachi and perform a powerful combo while moving forward.||You can burst counter this attack.|
|Three Hit Combo: He will use the nodachi to perform a circular three hit combo||Try to stay away from his as this attack covers a wide area.|
Notes & Trivia
- The odachi, Taro Tachi, measures in length of 160 cm which is 5 ft and 2 in.