|Attack Power||x1.10||Attunement Limit||20|
|Defense Power||x0.90||Yokai Shift||Brute|
Guardian Spirit Protection
|Special Effect||Bonus||Stat req.|
|Anima Bonus (Guard)||A-||-|
|Melee Attack Ki Consumption||-10.0%||-|
|Final Blow Damage||+12.5%||-|
|Fire Resistance||+12.0||Constitution + Strength = 14|
|Yokai Ability Damage (All)||+15.0%||Dexterity + Magic = 12|
Makami is one of the three starter Guardian Spirits
, along with Ame-no-Mitori and Kagewani.
Guardian Spirits can be selected on the Shrine menu and each provides a different boost to the player.
Activate Yokai Shift by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller)when the Amrita Gauge is full.
These wolf guardian spirits, also known as Oguchi-no-Makami, are said to be the servants of the mountain gods.
Mountain wolves were seen as the embodiment of the fear and awe men felt towards the mountains, the domain fo the gods, that they were unable to claim for themselves.
However, they were also worshipped as protective spirits, for they hunted the vermin that would harm crops and were also believed to ward off fires. As servants of the gods of volcanos, it was only fitting that they had the ability to manipulate fire, and protect against it.
How to unlock Makami
- Available as one of the 3 starting guardians
- If you do not choose it then, you can receive this guardian spirit from either completing The Shrine of Oaths or The Point of No Return, depending on the spirit you did choose. You will have all three starting spirits by completing both of these side missions.
How to use Makami
- See Yokai Shift for control scheme.
- Guardian Spirit Skill is Makami darting forward with a line of fire explosions following in its wake. Low damage with high fire accumulation.
- This is the offense oriented Guardian Spirit of the three starters, significantly decreasing Ki Consumption and increasing Final Blow Damage, and it is also the only Guardian Spirit with Yokai Ability Damage (All), making this strong for builds based around using Yokai Skills to do damage. While other Guardian Spirits can boost the damage of yokai abilities, the rest have some sort of condition on it, preventing them being generally useful. To compensate, this is one of the Spirits with the lowest attunement limit in the game. Once you unlock the ability to use two guardian spirits, you can get around this downside by putting all of your damaging soul cores on your primary and high attunement limit spirit while using this as a secondary. Then, when you use a Yokai ability, you switch to this spirit and gain the increased damage. You will also gain the benefits of any soul core with Yokai Ability Damage (All) (and/or (Feral/Brute/Phantom) for late game) equipped to Makami. However, as you switch guardian spirits to do this, you will lose the Amrita Gauge you would have gotten from the skill hitting, as it will just go to hastening the timer filling up. Overall, this makes it one of the best secondary guardian spirits to use.
Build with Makami
|Nioh 2 Guardian Spirits|
Amabie ♦ Ame-no-Mitori ♦ Atlas Bear ♦ Baku ♦ Blue Dragon ♦ Genbu ♦ Gyokuto ♦ Hakutaku ♦ Hiyokucho ♦ Ho ♦ Ho-oh ♦ Hoh-oh ♦ Hyobishin ♦ Inosasao ♦ Isanagami ♦ Itokuri ♦ Janomecho ♦ Kagewani ♦ Kurama Tengu ♦ Kuzunoha the Fox ♦ Masaru ♦ Mizuchi ♦ Nekomata ♦ Nine Tails ♦ Oh ♦ Okuri-Inu ♦ Rokugezo ♦ Saoirse ♦ Saorise ♦ Shin-Roku ♦ Shirohami ♦ Sohaya ♦ Suzaku ♦ Tengen Kujaku ♦ Usura-Hicho ♦ Yaonami-Hime ♦ Yatagarasu ♦ Yumehami
If not picked as the starter, can be obtained from the mission: The Shrine of Oaths in chapter 3.