|Attack Power||x1.02||Attunement Limit||23|
|Defense Power||x1.00||Yokai Shift||Feral|
Guardian Spirit Protection
|Special Effect||Bonus||Stat req.|
|Anima Charge Bonus (Cumulative Damage)||A-||-|
|Increased Attack (Amrita Absorption)||-||-|
|Imbue Purity (Strong Attack)||+10||Strength + Courage = 18|
|Amrita Sensor||-||Dexterity + Constitution = 16|
Masaru is one of the Guardian Spirits in Nioh 2
.Guardian Spirits can be selected on the Shrine menu and each provides a different boost to the player.
Activate Yokai Shift by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller)when the Amrita Gauge is full.
Masaru is a Guardian Spirit that takes the form of a monkey. Throughout Japan, monkeys have long been thought to be messengers of the mountain gods or the mountain gods themselves. This is perhaps not entirely unusual, seeing as they look so similar to humans, and are yet so unlike us. At the Hiyo*****aisha Shrine, a monkey known as Masaru is worshipped as the messenger of the mountain god, Sanno Gongen. Sanno Gongen is the sun god and god of Mount Hiei, a mountain to the northeast of Kyoto that, because of its location in an inauspicious direction, was believed to have the power to ward off evil. Tokichiro always felt a deep connection with Hiyo*****aisha Shrine due to its similarity to his own childhood moniker, Hiyoshimaru. It is said that this led to his devout worship of Sanno Gongen.
How to unlock Masaru
- Complete Village Of Cursed Blossoms (Awakening)
How to use Masaru
- Yokai Shift: Feral
- Guardian Spirit Skill is Masaru attacking the closest/ locked on enemy with a slash three times. Each slash does moderate fire damage and Ki damage with high Scorch accumulation.
- This is a very strong early game guardian spirit because of its passives:
- Increased Attack (Amrita Absorption) is multiplicative with any passive melee damage you get from skill trees, set bonuses and special effects of Armor and weapons
- Auto-Grave Recovery will help you keep your amrita even if you die during a Mission
- Amrita Sensor will help you get loot, especially if you haven't familiarized yourself with the map layouts.
- The Imbue Purity effect is helpful to apply that element without using Onmyo you might not have the capacity for or Blessed Weapons which are rare early game. This effect is especially useful with the Kusarigama and Splitstaff. Keep in mind this effect does not apply if that weapon already has an element on it, other than Corruption and not while that weapon is sentient.
- However, if you mainly like the damage buff and the Amrita Sensor you gain access to Tengen Kujaku, which has strictly superior versions of both of those effects, to say nothing of all the other Increase Attack effects that will apply over Masaru's. Likewise, Ho has a stronger version of the Imbue Purity effect.
|Nioh 2 Guardian Spirits|
Amabie ♦ Ame-no-Mitori ♦ Atlas Bear ♦ Baku ♦ Blue Dragon ♦ Genbu ♦ Gyokuto ♦ Hakutaku ♦ Hiyokucho ♦ Ho ♦ Ho-oh ♦ Hoh-oh ♦ Hyobishin ♦ Inosasao ♦ Isanagami ♦ Itokuri ♦ Janomecho ♦ Kagewani ♦ Kurama Tengu ♦ Kuzunoha the Fox ♦ Makami ♦ Mizuchi ♦ Nekomata ♦ Nine Tails ♦ Oh ♦ Okuri-Inu ♦ Rokugezo ♦ Saoirse ♦ Saorise ♦ Shin-Roku ♦ Shirohami ♦ Sohaya ♦ Suzaku ♦ Tengen Kujaku ♦ Usura-Hicho ♦ Yaonami-Hime ♦ Yatagarasu ♦ Yumehami