|Attack Power||x0.90||Attunement Limit||23|
|Defense Power||x1.15||Yokai Shift||Phantom|
Guardian Spirit Protection
|Special Effect||Bonus||Stat req.|
|Anima Bonus (Ranged Hit)||A-||-|
|Luck (Yokai Shift)||+70||-|
|Fire Damage||+15.0||Strength + Constitution = 31|
|Anima Bonus (Scorched Enemy)||A||Heart + Magic = 29|
Nine Tails is a Guardian Spirit in Nioh 2. Guardian Spirits can be selected on the Shrine menu and each provides a different boost to the player. Activate Yokai Shift by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller) when the Amrita Gauge is full.
Nine Tails Description
As its name suggests, Nine Tails is a fox guardian spirit with nine tails, each containing enormous power. Able to control fire as well as psychologically manipulate people, Nine Tails once took the form of a strikingly beautiful woman, and manipulated a monarch into terrorizing his people. As such, the guardian spirit struck fear into people, who believed it brought chaos to the land. Conversely, there are those who worship Nine Tails, seeing it as a sign that peace will soon come to the world. Whichever side one believes, all agree that if you see one, the world will soon be turned on its head.
How to unlock Nine Tails
- Complete The Frenzied Blaze Mission
How to use Nine Tails
- The Guardian Spirit Skill is Nine Tails appearing and summoning five fire balls that bounce three times while spreading out. Does minimal damage but can set a large group of enemies on fire at once.
- Provides the largest boost to luck out of the guardian spirits, but requires you to be in Yokai Shift first. This is best used against bosses, dark realm masters and Cursed Enemies, by transforming when they are about to be killed to increase the rarity of equipment that drops. This effect is also active when you grapple an enemy whose Ki was drained by a burst counter, as this transforms you for the animation. This works well with Demonic Acumen, which also boosts your item drop rate
- Fire resistance as the secondary passive is nice, because Fire damage is the most common elemental damage done.
- You can switch to this guardian spirit when you do a high damage fire attack to boost it's damage even further.
- The Anima Bonus is easy and safe to activate during Yokai Shift by using the guardian spirit skill from range.
|Nioh 2 Guardian Spirits|
Amabie ♦ Ame-no-Mitori ♦ Atlas Bear ♦ Baku ♦ Blue Dragon ♦ Genbu ♦ Gyokuto ♦ Hakutaku ♦ Hiyokucho ♦ Ho ♦ Ho-oh ♦ Hoh-oh ♦ Hyobishin ♦ Inosasao ♦ Isanagami ♦ Itokuri ♦ Janomecho ♦ Kagewani ♦ Kurama Tengu ♦ Kuzunoha the Fox ♦ Makami ♦ Masaru ♦ Mizuchi ♦ Nekomata ♦ Oh ♦ Okuri-Inu ♦ Rokugezo ♦ Saoirse ♦ Saorise ♦ Shin-Roku ♦ Shirohami ♦ Sohaya ♦ Suzaku ♦ Tengen Kujaku ♦ Usura-Hicho ♦ Yaonami-Hime ♦ Yatagarasu ♦ Yumehami
This spirit's special ability lags sometimes and doesn't summon the fire waves
some spirits are so nice i wish they would be better so i could use them
Nine Tails Fire Damage Boost requires 31 of Constitution and Strength