Yasuke, widely known as Obsidian Samurai, is one of Oda Nobunaga's retainers. Indeed, it was Nobunaga who gave him his Japanese name. A giant of a man who came to Japan from the African continent, he first came to Nobunaga's attention when he was working as a missionary's attendant. Nobunaga promptly asked him to work for him. Yasuke subsequently took part in Nobunaga's military campaigns, including the subjugation of Koshu province. During the Honnoji incident, Yasuke was at his master's side until the bitter end.
At this point, Nobunaga ordered Yasuke never to allow his remains to fall into the hands of his enemies.
Yasuke, who had sworn eternal fealty to the master who had granted him not only freedom, but also the rank of Samurai, was determined to faithfully carry out his Lord's last command. Although he could not save his master's life, he succeeded in removing Nobunaga's remains from the temple of Honnoji which was ablaze and in danger of imminent collapse.
Obsidian Samurai Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Found in Sub Mission
- Drops Set: Samurai From Dark Lands
- Drops Smithing Text: Obsidian Armour - Extremely low drop rate
- Drops Smithing Text: Starcutter Sword
- Very low drop rate
- Drops Smithing Text: Gozutenno's Axe - Very low drop rate
- Drops The Art of Combat: Spirit Storm - Low drop rate
- Principal Governor's Faceplate
- Obsidian Greaves
- Rewards Lumicite Shard (20000 amrita) each match (Guaranteed Drop)
How to Beat Obsidian Samurai
Obsidian Samurai Boss Guide:
Throughout the entire fight, run towards the right side. Let him miss a combo, then in spear mid-stance poke him with :triangle: one time. Repeat until he’s dead.
When you see him use his spirit animal, get as far away as possible and run quickly to the right – he may be about to charge at you, and running sideways is the best option to not get hit by this. His other moves are basic axe / sword combos.
Attacks & Counters
|He will try to hit you with his combos attacks. His other moves are basic axe / sword combos||Let him miss a combo, then in spear mid-stance poke him with :triangle: one time. Repeat until he’s dead.|
|When you see him use his spirit animal, he may be about to charge at you|| Get as far away as possible and run quickly to the right.
Running sideways is the best option to not get hit by this
Notes & Trivia
- His personality and Guardian Spirit shares with the Onikuma, a spirit that is strong, fearless and alert.
- There are a few liberty's taken with his story, one being the time he served Nobunaga. In game it is made to look as if he has served Nobunaga for years, but according to history he had only served Nobunaga for about a year before his death.