|Attack Power||x0.98||Attunement Limit||22|
|Defense Power||x1.07||Yokai Shift||Brute|
Guardian Spirit Protection
|Special Effect||Bonus||Stat req.|
|Anima Bonus (Guard)||A-||-|
|Melee Damage vs Unscathed Enemy||+10.0%||-|
|Amrita Gauge Charge||+10.0%||Heart + Magic = 22|
|Critical Yokai Shift (Dark Realm)||+40%||Dexterity + Stamina = 20|
Okuri-Inu is one of the Guardian Spirits in Nioh 2
Guardian Spirits can be selected on the Shrine menu and each provides a different boost to the player.
Activate Yokai Shift by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller)when the Amrita Gauge is full.
"Okuri-Inu is a dog spirit that is said to follow those who walk the mountain roads in the night, killing and eating those who are unlucky enough to lose their footing. While this makes it feared, it has also been known to protect mountain folk from wolves. Some choose to worship Okuri-Inu, believing that its predatory nature serves as a precautionary tale that serves to educate and therefore protect the people. "
"These believers have a custom of thanking Okuri-Inu every time they make it off the mountain roads unscathed. In some regions, a wolf known as Okuri-Okami (literally "escorting wolf") is believed to play the same role. This is also a slang term used in Japanese to refer to a man with impure intentions who tries to escort a woman home."
How to unlock Okuri-Inu
- Unlocked in the side mission: A hot blooded howl
How to use Okuri-Inu
- Guardian Spirit Skill is Okuri-Inu shooting slow moving fireballs that track the locked on target, dealing pure fire damage. Targeting a human enemy summons three fireballs, while targeting a yokai will cause five to spawn.
- This attack will go through as soon as the fireballs appear, so canceling Okuri-Inu's animation by using it again (ie. using a Guardian Spirit talisman and then either using yokai shift or using the guardian spirit skill proper) will allow you to spam this skill multiple times quickly.
- Melee Damage vs. Unscathed Enemy has a misleading name, and actually applies to all damage sources if they hit an enemy at full health.
- Critical Yokai Shift (Dark Realm) is fairly situational, though at least it's easy to stack up to 100% to make it guaranteed. Keep in mind that if you died to a grapple it won't save you.
- The best Passive on this Guardian Spirit is the increase to Anima storage. It makes a large difference going into a fight with a larger store of Anima, as it means you don't have to build up anywhere near as much to use yokai abilites again, allowing you to chain abilities together quickly and very easily.
|Nioh 2 Guardian Spirits|
Amabie ♦ Ame-no-Mitori ♦ Atlas Bear ♦ Baku ♦ Blue Dragon ♦ Genbu ♦ Gyokuto ♦ Hakutaku ♦ Hiyokucho ♦ Ho ♦ Ho-oh ♦ Hoh-oh ♦ Hyobishin ♦ Inosasao ♦ Isanagami ♦ Itokuri ♦ Janomecho ♦ Kagewani ♦ Kurama Tengu ♦ Kuzunoha the Fox ♦ Makami ♦ Masaru ♦ Mizuchi ♦ Nekomata ♦ Nine Tails ♦ Oh ♦ Rokugezo ♦ Saoirse ♦ Saorise ♦ Shin-Roku ♦ Shirohami ♦ Sohaya ♦ Suzaku ♦ Tengen Kujaku ♦ Usura-Hicho ♦ Yaonami-Hime ♦ Yatagarasu ♦ Yumehami