Onmyo Austerity is a Set in Nioh 2. The Onmyo Austerity Set provides various special benefits to players: the more pieces you equip from one set, the stronger the bonuses. Some sets are comprised of armor only, but others have armor and weapons, making for sets that have up to 7 bonuses.
In Way of the Nioh, Ethereal versions of the set will gain an additional bonus when you reach the final tier of bonuses, denoted as (X+ Items); see Set Bonuses for more details.
Onmyo Austerity Information
Where to find
- Pieces are obtained as a reward and chance to drop from the Sub Mission: Restoring Harmony.
- Drops from Saito Toshimitsu (Boss)
- This set armor can be crafted once you present the Smithing Text: Onmyo Warrior's Armor to the blacksmith.
- Craft With:
- Primordial Mud (Great Kanemitsu)
- Oni-Bi Core (Armor Pieces)
This set has 5 pieces, the armor is called "Onmyo Warrior Armor". Pieces don't have any other fixed effects.
- Onmyo Warrior's Cuirass - n/a
- Onmyo Warrior's Gauntlets - n/a
- Onmyo Warrior's Waistguard - n/a
- Onmyo Warrior's Greaves - n/a
- Great Kanemitsu
Notes & Builds
- The Reduced Attack effect makes this arguably the best defensive set in the game, as it reduces enemy melee damage by 30%. This is easy to apply and with the familiar spells all you need to do is stand near an enemy for half a second to apply it, allowing you to debuff entire rooms quickly. Bosses growing resistance to effects that wear off on them will not be a factor with multi hitting Onmyo Magic. This also helps other players, acolytes and NPC's to survive, so it's great as a Co-op tool.
- The ability to potentially have it applied all the time also mitigates the caveat of the bonus in that it is weaker than the actual Devigorate Talisman (Devigorate Talismans reduce attack damage by 40%).
- Damage Bonus (Onmyo Magic Power) is global and applies to all damage dealt, though it isn't much higher than what you would get on a Black Fox Mask or Scroll effect. It is however possible to stack this bonus by having either of these equipped; as the set piece does not have a headpiece.
- It is however advisable to run a different armor piece and have the set Odachi equipped when going for this; as it is highly likely to fall to B toughness if the 4 armor pieces and Black Fox Mask is equipped.
- The "Transform Bonus (Stat)" (available in Dream of the Wise) can be taken advantage of by this set; by inheriting/rolling it on the Odachi set piece. Given that the set is best suited for weapons or builds scaling with Magic and/or Courage (e.g. Switchglaive, Splitstaff, Hatchets) and some Onmyo magic usage, Transform Bonus will mitigate the latent disadvantage of the Odachi scaling from a significantly different stat; allowing it to be usable as a secondary or even primary weapon.
- The Empowered Onmyo Magic the set piece gets in Dream of the Nioh is not that lower in the attack enhancement compared to The Honor in Harmony; making this set somewhat more viable than the latter unless more Active Skill Ki Damage/increased damage on Onmyo Magic hit is preferred. This bonus also has great synergy with the damage bonuses, making recovery of Onmyo items significantly easier to manage.