Prey on the Weak is a player-created Build for Nioh2. Character Builds for Nioh 2 are character and equipment recommendations that focus your character on solo and cooperative play against regular AI enemies and yokai. Build listed on this page are created and categorized by players, therefore you should not assume they are all optimized.
- Build Name: Prey on the Weak
- Build Level: 120
- Build Focus: PvE
- Build Main Stat: Dex
- Melee Weapon: Any of your choosing (I do not recommend hatchets due to their focus on throwing axes) and Swift Hawk Katana (Flying Kato Set), temper them with poison accumulation (imbue poison helps but is optional as Poison Shuriken does most of the poison)
- Ranged Weapon:Any of your choosing
- Head: Flying Kato
- Chest: Flying Kato
- Hands: Flying Kato
- Waist:Flying Kato
- Legs: Flying Kato
- Accessories: Any of your choosing, as long as you temper them to have Poison Accumulation, melee vs Poisoned targets, any ninjutsu related bonuses
- Items: Poison Shuriken, 1 or 2 Ninjutsu Feather spells (I recommend Fire and Lightning), rest can be any of your choosing.
- Guardian Spirit: Any of your choosing as long as it's a Phantom Type Burst Counter
- Spirit Cores: Toxic Slime, Yatsu-no-Kami and any of your choosing.
In this build, you're designed to take advantage of enemies affected by poison to do big damage hits in High Stance, and even bigger numbers when Yokai have 0 Ki. You will start the fight off with poison shuriken to poison the enemy, then fight carefully by baiting attacks and countering with high stance attacks and backing off, it's a slower more methodical style of play more akin to Dark Souls style of gameplay, do not be greedy, if the enemy still has very little health, wait for another opportunity to attack or wait for the poison to take them out.
When fighting Yokai, specifically bosses is where this build shines, you start off again by poisoning them, and whittling away at their Ki as much as you can. Once their Ki is near 0, you look for the opportunity to cast your ninjutsu feathers, the feathers do additional damage to targets with 0 Ki so the feathers will knock off the remaining Ki and proceed to do extremely large amounts of damage usually killing them before they can trigger a Dark Realm Zone. Using Burst Counter Canceling, you can churn out ninjutsu feathers rapidly and delete boss health.
Dex stat doesn't really affect poison damage in my testing (I could be wrong), the Dex is mainly for the Ninjutsu Damage. At my current level of 200+ with 99 Dex, my Ninjutsu Fire Feathers will hit a yokai with 0 Ki for 4500x3 damage, combined with burst counter cancelling, you can throw these out rapidly.