Restless Spirits is a Sub Mission in Nioh 2. This mission is recommended for level 111, has a difficulty level of 2, and features yokai enemies. Restless Spirits tasks players with clearing the yokai infesting the grounds of Kitanosho. This mission is unlocked after completing the Main Mission: Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo. Please see Missions for other walkthroughs on other missions.
- Recommended Lvl: 111
- Mission Lvl. Difficulty: 2
- Bosses: Shibata Katsuie
[video goes here]
[map goes here]
First Time Completion
- Urn Splitter Hatchets x1
- Oni Shibata's Waistguard x1
- Oni Shibata's Gauntlets x1
- Oni Shibata's Greaves x1
- 29000 Gold
- 59976 Amrita
- 29000 Gold
- 59976 Amrita
Equipment & Materials
- Random Weapons
- Random Armor Pieces for:
- Oni Shibata Armor
- Master Archer Armor
- Tosa Governor Armor
- Random Items:
- Small Spirit Stone
- Lantern Plant Fruit
Mission Start Text
The pain and regret of the soldiers slain in battle have turned into ghosts that now haunt Kitanosho. Something must be done about them before someone gets hurt. To be honest, I am in two minds about asking you for help. Hmm... Maybe you should just forget about it.
Mission End Text
To think that my ghost was among them!
Imagine how I would be mocked if it got out that old Katsuie had become a mindless wandering ghoul! Well, it seems that thanks to your meddling my time here is up. There's no need for farewells though. This is just the way it is meant to be.
Restless Spirits Walkthrough
The Fallen Soldiers
This sub mission can only be unlocked if certain conditions have been met and after completing the main mission: Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo.
- In the sub-mission: The Shiftling's Wise Judgement, choose Katsuie as your companion upon starting the mission and finish it with him.
- In the main mission: Pervading Waters, before reaching the 3rd shrine, you'll see him fighting off an Onyudo yokai by a broken bridge. Help him fight the yokai and after that's done, speak to him and have him accompany you for the next section of the area. If ever during the sub mission: The Shiftling's Wise Judgement, you've chosen to help Koroku instead, he won't join and accompany you in Pervading Waters after helping him.
- Once you've followed steps 1 and 2, progress the story of the game until you finish the main mission: The High-spirited Demon. You'll be able to travel to the interim by choosing the gray icon that's on the bottom left corner of the world map.
- In the interim, speak to Shibata Katsuie and exhaust all his lines for this mission to unlock. In the event that he isn't the interim, make sure to speak to everyone, exhaust all of their lines, and complete their related missions. Re-visit the Interim after that's done and Katsuie should be in the Interim.
Upon starting this mission, you'll find yourself by a bridge outside Kitanosho Castle. You'll find the shrine on the right side of the bridge, make sure to use it first before you proceed further. Once you are ready, head to the bridge and you'll be ambushed by yokai. You'll first encounter a Warrior Skeleton and an Enki, followed by an Oni-bi and One-eyed Oni. And the last pair of yokai will be a Tesso and Rokurokubi. Killing the last pair will destroy the barrier that's blocking the door ahead leading to the marked objective.
Now, make sure you pray at the shrine again before you continue further. You'll come across an Enki first, and at the center section of the area, you'll be locked in and fight a couple of yokai such as an Ubume, Rokurokubi, Tesso, Dweller, Wheelmonk, Waira, Oni-bi. After killing the last pair of yokai, simply follow the marker on your map and you'll find yourself back at the arena where you fought Maeda Toshiie.
A Second Encounter
Upon entering the room, you'll first fight against a Warrior Skeleton and a Rokurokubi. And after a short while, once you defeat the pair of yokai, Shibata Katsuie will appear and you'll have to fight him in his yokai form for the second time. To learn more about this boss, you can click here or check our boss guide video that is linked below - successfully defeating him will complete this mission.
[map goes here]
Trivia & Notes:Trivia and notes go here
I've never had to choose him at all for that one mission to unlock him, but i exhausted his dialogue in Pervading waters, and still got his mission. But now is it required to side with him???
To unlock him at the interim for this mission you need to choose him in the Shiftling's Judgement submission, after that you need to help him defeat the Onyudo in the main mission Pervading Waters (in the dawn map) get him to join you and then finish the mission with him. That's how you get him to appear at the interim to unlock this mission.
You want to play the mission twice and partner with each npc both times around. So you can unlock restless spirits later.
the guy to unlock the mission is missing for me so i cant even start it
I chose to ally with Koroku my first time through, and proceeded to finish the game. I went back and recompleted step 1, choosing Katsuie. Then I was able to proceed to step 2, and Katsuie followed me until I reached the midboss, but vanished shortly before I reached that fight. What else do I need to do?
You can still have shibati follow you even if you choose ninja guy in shuftling choice, you just need to do shiftling choice again and choose shibati