- Saika Magoichi is the head of the Saskatchewan clan based inKii Province, present day Wakayama prefecture. Magoichi is actually a name that is used by every generation of leader of the clan, and his real name is Suzuki Shigehide.
- The Saika clan were renowned for their skills with rifles and arquebuses and were frequently employed as mercenaries, fighting in battles across the land. They professed loyalty to no master but gold. Rather than large-scale pitched battles, the Saika excelled in smaller skirmishes, making deft use of guerilla tactics.
- Employed by the master of Ishiyama Honganji in Osaka, the Saika lie in wait for Oda Nobunaga’s forces and fight valiantly to defend the temple against the invading army.
- During the Ishiyama Honganji War, Magoichi tries to ambush the protagonist in the temple complex’s main hall but his bullet misses its mark. He then tries to engage the protagonist in direct combat, but is defeated and flees the scene.
- Ever since their encounter at Ishiyama Honganji, Magoichi has harbored a strong interest in the protagonist as a fellow bearer of a Guardian Spirit. He uses his to call the protagonist to him and they do battle once more. The protagonist has grown even stronger and Magoichi tastes defeat once again. Filled with admiration for the protagonist’s fighting prowess, he shares his Guardian Spirit, Yatagarasu.
Saika Magoichi Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Founder's Hall Gate Key
- Smithing Text: Hikoemon Ichimonji in "Pervading Waters."
- Yatagarasu Headband
- Haccho Nenbutsu
- Smithing Text: Oni Shibata's Armor in "Ruin Draws Near."
- Drops in Pervading Waters and The Third Word
How to Beat Saika Magoichi
Saika Magoichi Boss Guide:
Saika Magoichi have several attacks that can be used both at close and long distance. He is a human, so he is vulnerable to paralysis and poison.
The best strategy is staying at a medium range while running around him. Wait for him to chase you or attack you and then strike back. Be careful of his attacks as they deal massive damage.
You can use your guard to avoid his rifle shots if you are having a hard time avoiding them.
Attacks & Counters
|Ranged Attack: He can use his rifle to attack you from a distance. He can do this both while in the ground and Air.||Run in circles around him to avoid the shots. You can also use your guard to protect yourself.|
|Burst Ranged Attack: He will jump forward and send a wave of fire towards the player.||Running in circles is the best way to avoid this attack.|
|Guardian Spirit Flames: He will summon several flames that will start chasing the player after a short period of time.||You can use a ranged attack while he is conjuring the attack. Then run away from him and avoid the flames.|
|Grapple Attack: While in the air, he can grab you and perform a powerful grapple attack.||You can use a ranged Ninjutsu or Onmyo Magic to take him down from the air. Try to stay away from him while he is flying.|
|Guardian Spirit Burst: His guardian spirit will conjure a fire waves that deal damage in straight lines around him.||Try to stay away from him and avoid the waves.|
Notes & Trivia
- If you hit him with a ranged attack while he is in the air and not using his grapple ability, like a shuriken, he will fall to the ground and become vulnerable to attacks.