Switchglaives are Weapons in Nioh 2 and information about their stats is shown below. This weapon works in conjunction with the Switchglaive Skills skill tree, and usually has good scaling with the Magic stat. It also scales with Constitution and Skill.
Below is a list of Switchglaives in Nioh 2, and each Switchglaive has an effect that will ALWAYS be present, no matter what other random bonuses there may be, and these are listed in the "effect" column. Damage values are not listed since these change by rarity and level, making it difficult to compare them easily. Break and Block are listed, since these do not change with rarity or level.
Every Weapon in the game has Familiarity. The better quality of the weapon, the more Familiarity can be obtained with the weapon, and over time the damage and bonuses of the weapon will improve as the Familiarity increases up to a maximum. This way, using the same weapon over time can yield higher damage than another, even if it's lower level.
Please see Switchglaive Skills for more infomation.
This weapon has the unique mechanic of the three Switch Stance Skills( Blade, Edge and Retribution) that allow you to connect attacks from one stance to another different one by using it. This gives a large amount of options to vary your offense, and allows you to convert certain attacks that recover slowly normally or are otherwise just a single hit into higher DPS, like Just Reprisal, Tranquil Edge and the High Stance Strong Attack. This is a very solid and versatile weapon with most of the tools you could ask for and few glaring weaknesses. The fluidity of how attacks can connect together also lends itself well to player expression.
- This weapon allows you to seamlessly connect attacks from different stances together with its unique Switch Stance Skills, allowing for longer offensive pushes than with other weapons. It also has tools to attack from a variety of ranges.
- Whirling Blade is the only native answer to ranged attacks among melee weapons, allowing you to reflect projectiles back to enemies.
- Mid Stance attacks and High stance strong attack have very good range.
- Raksha is a unique buff that increases Anima generation
- Both mystic arts are very strong and complement each other well if you use Mystic Dyad
- It has strong defensive options in Tranquil Edge and Just Reprisal, which are useful against humans and Yokai
- Thin Air is a very high utility Sheathed Attack, with potentially extremely long range, being very quick to do and being one of the best options for Item Canceling.
- High Ki DPS sequences (for example Mind's Edge followed by Switch Stance: Blade)
- The switch stance skills makes switching stances while attack animations are playing out impossible to do while the skills are active without those skills coming out. You will need to be more precise with your inputs, and if you like going into high stance to stop your attacks from being reflected on block Switch Stance: Retribution will interfere.
- Lack of a fast Single hitting high Ki damage attack. Skyward Blade is the closest but it is slow for that type of attack and conflicts with Whirling Blade.
- Some of the Hold Strong Attack Button Active skills (Fleeting Edge, Path of Three) will drain some of your Ki when you attempt to use a strong attack, even though you didn't charge the attack any, effectively increasing your Ki usage from strong attacks if they are not done immediately after a Switch Stance Skill