Taro Tachi is one of the Odachis in Nioh 2. This weapon works in conjunction with the Odachi Skills skill tree. The Odachi weapon type scales very well with Strength, but also has some scaling from Stamina and Heart. So if your Build has high Strength, consider using this Weapon type.
Taro Tachi Description
An odachi believed to be favored by Magara Naotaka, a general of unparalleled strength that served the Asakura clan. The sister sword of Jiro Tachi, it was forged by a famous swordsmith of the Aoe style in *****u Province (present-day western Okayama prefecture), and features a blade over 86 inches in length.
Under the command of Asakura Yoshikage, Naotaka joined the fray during the Battle of Anegawa (northeastern Shiga prefecrure) and used this sword to keep the combined armies of the Oda and Tokugawa at bay. In an effort to afford the allied troops a chance to escape, Naotaka rushed the Tokugawa forces on horseback, but drained of all his strength, he was eventually defeated and decapitated.
Location: Where to Find Taro Tachi
- Obtained as a reward for completing the Main Mission: Corpses and Ice.
- Obtained as a reward for completing the Sub Mission: The Brothers' Blades.
- Available to be crafted once the Smithing Text: Taro Tachi is presented to the Blacksmith.
Materials Needed to Craft Taro Tachi
- ?? x2, ?? x4, ?? x6, ?? x1
Taro Tachi Notes & Trivia
- See Blacksmith to understand weapon inheritance and properties.