The Golden Castle is a Main Mission in Nioh 2. This mission is recommended for level 105, has a difficulty level of 3, and features both human and yokai enemies. The Golden Castle tasks players with stealing the Spirit Stones at Jurakudai that can be used to help restore Sohayamaru. Please see Missions for other walkthroughs on other missions.
- Previous: The Mausoleum of Evil
- Next: Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo
- Recommended Lvl: 105
- Mission Lvl. Difficulty: 3
- Bosses: Enenra, Mezuki, Gozuki, Yatsu-no-Kami, Kasha, Lady Osakabe
[video goes here]
[map goes here]
First Time Completion
- Broken Demon Tile x2
- Spirit Stone Arm x3
- Demon's Horn x4
- Lumicite Crystal x5
- 27200 Gold
- 49176 Amrita
- ?? Gold
- ?? Amrita
Equipment & Materials
- Random Weapons
- Random Armor Pieces for:
- Veteran Armor
- Iga Jonin Armor
- Malefactor Armor
- Arrowsbane Armor
- Night Raider Armor
- Golden Gourd Armor
- Samurai General Armor
- Hairy Caterpillar Armor
- Four Great Commanders Armor
- Random Items:
- Prayer Beads
- Quality Ingot
- Yokai Incense
- Divine Branch
- Visitor Amulet
- Uchiko Powder
- Lumicite Shard
- Shrapnel Bomb
- Yokai Water Pot
- Noble Dung Ball
- Large Spirit Stone
- Small Spirit Stone
- Gunpowder Bomb
- Highest Quality Wood
- Fleeting Guardian Amulet
- Roaring Gun Ammunition
- Guardian Spirit: Isanagami
- Hand Cannon Ammunition
- Highest-Quality Leather Cord
- Smithing Text: Red Demon Spear
- Kasha Soul Core
- Enenra Soul Core
- Gozuki Soul Core
- Mezuki Soul Core
- Lady Osakabe Soul Core
- Yatsu-no-Kami Soul Core
- Magatsu Warrior
- Aberrant Soldier
- Armored Dog
- Axe-wielding Soldier
- Spear-wielding Soldier
- Sword-wielding Soldier
- Odachi-wielding Soldier
- Dual Sword-wielding Soldier
The Golden Castle
Mission Start Text
I hear that Tokichiro has built himself this Jurakudai place in the capital. Apparently, it's kind of a castle that glitters like gold. It sounds like a real monument to bad taste, and something about it makes my skin crawl.
That glow has surely got to be due to the power of the Spirit Stones, and if Tenkai's words are anything to go by, we're bound to find a huge stockpile of them within. Alright, we've got no time to waste.
Mission End Text
At last, the sword that can dispel all darkness is finally restored. If the legends are true, this blade is capable of slaying any yokai, no matter how powerful they might be. Whatever it is that Tokichiro has become should be no exception. It is time to put an end to him once and for all.
The problem is that he's always surrounded by his underlings. It's going to be very difficult to get in close if we try to take him head-on. Let's ask Tenkai if he has any idea what the best approach might be.
- First Shrine: Go to the garden section and kill the Yoki within the yokai mist that's on the right side. After killing the yokai, check behind where the mist was, you'll find the first Kodama hiding in the grass beside the bamboo trees.
- First Dark Realm: After fighting the Enenra, head to the second level of the castle and head inside the first dark realm. After killing all the yokai and destroying the crystal, look behind where the crystal was and check the left side corner of the rubble and debris. You'll find the second Kodama standing next to it.
- Second Shrine: From the second shrine, enter the room that has a large yellow crystal inside. Check the right side of the room where the Aberrant Soldier was. The third Kodama is at the end, standing by the corner.
- Second Shrine: Head to the second garden section where the second dark realm is. After killing the yokai and removing the dark realm, check the pond where the Gaki was. The fourth Kodama can be found standing near it, next to a tree.
- Second Shrine: At the garden section and after clearing the dark realm, check inside the room on the right side near the path leading to the painting of the Yatsu-no-Kami. You'll find a Nurikabe wall yokai inside, and the room behind it leads to the basement where you'll find the Kodama near the Spa (Hot Spring).
- Second Shrine: The sixth Kodama can be found at the corner of the corridor walkway of the garden near the ladder that goes down to the underground storage room.
- Third Shrine: Before heading up the stairs that lead to the Kasha painting, check the right side. You'll find the Kodama behind the drapes.
- Third Shrine: Found on the right side of the room near the door that leads to the true boss of the mission.
- Second Shrine: At the garden section and after clearing the dark realm, check inside the room on the right side near the path leading to the painting of the Yatsu-no-Kami. You'll find a Nurikabe wall yokai inside, and the room behind it leads to the basement where you'll find the Kodama near the Spa. Open the door that goes out to an underground storage room and head out the other path where you'll find a ladder that goes up. There's a pillar near the ladder, you'll find the Sudama behind it.
- The second Sudama can be found on the second floor near the door that you can open that leads to the third shrine. You must come from the side where the Gozuki and Mezuki are encountered.
- Second Shrine: Destroy the large crystal near the second shrine and jump down the hole that was under it. From the storage room, exit to the corridor and turn right where you'll encounter an armored dog. Kill it, head up the stairs. You'll find the Scampuss on the left side corner.
- Third Shrine: After fighting Kasha, head up the second floor and go inside the room that's on the left side at the end of the corridor. You'll find the Scampuss behind the dividers on the left side of the room.
- Second Shrine: At the garden section and after clearing the dark realm, check inside the room on the right side near the path leading to the painting of the Yatsu-no-Kami. You'll find a Nurikabe wall yokai inside, and the room behind it leads to the basement where you'll find the Spa and a Kodama.
- Ninja's Locks can be looted inside a large chest. You must dispel the second dark realm first that's in the garden section near the second shrine. After destroying the large crystal, open the chest that's under the stairs of the platform near the painting of the Yatsu-no-Kami.
- Onmyo Mage's Locks can be looted off a corpse. It's on the second floor after where you encounter the Gozuki and Mezuki. The body can be found being searched by an Aberrant Soldier.
The Golden Castle Walkthrough
Starting Point: First Shrine
Upon starting this mission, a cutscene will first trigger and you'll be possessed and obtain Sen no Rikyu's Guardian Spirit: Isanagami. The year is August 1596 and players arrive at Jurakudai in the Yamashiro Province. Before heading the first section of the castle where you'll find the first shrine and Mumyo, loot the body that's behind you to obtain an item. From the shrine, head to the corridor path on the left. You'll encounter two soldiers along the corridor and two more in the room that's on the left side. You can break the wall behind the soldier that's looting a body inside the room where you'll find a large chest. In the room where the chest is, you can unlock the door to head back outside the corridor. Ahead of the corridor, on the left, you'll see a yokai mist in the middle of the path, the yokai within it is a Yoki. Clear the left side of the corridor first before you go down to the garden section.
At the garden section, there will be more soldiers roaming around and another Yoki within a yokai mist on the east side. After killing the soldiers and the Yoki, check behind where the mist was, and you'll find the first Kodama hiding behind the grass near the bamboo trees. After grabbing the Kodama, clear the east side of the corridor where you'll encounter more soldiers and bodies that you can loot - also, don't forget to open the shortcut door for the first shrine.
Once you've cleared both sides of the corridors and the garden section, make sure to rest at the shrine before heading up the stairs at the north side where you'll see a painting of a boss you previously fought, Enenra. Touch the painting and you'll teleport into an arena where you'll fight the Enenra again. This will be your third encounter with this boss. Its moves and attacks are the same, so you'll probably know how to defeat this boss, but if you want to see a video guide and learn more about this boss, click here. Killing it will remove the barriers blocking the doors and it drops its soul core, Enenra Soul Core, alongside other items - next, before you proceed to the next section, make sure to climb down the ladder on the second floor that's near the stairs and unlock the shortcut door that leads back to the first shrine.
Jurakudai: 2nd Level
After resting at the first shrine, go back up from the shortcut you just unlocked and explore the second level of Jurakudai. You'll first encounter two soldiers in a large room. In the next room, there's a corridor where you'll find another soldier searching a corpse that you can loot on the right side and a door that leads into the first dark realm. Before you head in the dark realm, make sure to check the left side of the corridor where you'll encounter another soldier and another room where you'll find a chest containing a Mujina that is guarded by an Ubume within the yokai mist - after that's done, go back and head towards the dark realm.
In the dark realm, you'll find yourself outside the temple and on rooftops. You'll encounter yokai here such as Gaki, Rokurokubi, Aberrant Soldier, and Yoki. Make sure to kill all the Yokai around and destroy the large yellow crystal to dispel the dark realm.
After that's done, look behind where the crystal was and check the rubble and debris on the left side corner. You'll find the second Kodama - after grabbing the Kodama, make sure to loot the corpses that are on the rooftops before opening the large door that leads to the next section where you'll find the second shrine
From the second shrine, head to the corridor that's on the left, since the door on the right is a shortcut that needs to be unlocked from the other side. You'll first encounter a Yoki wielding an axe by the corridor and another blue Yoki walking around the big yellow crystal inside the large room on the right. There's also an Aberrant Soldier as well on the right side of the large room.
Before you destroy the crystal, make sure to check the right side of the large room where the Aberrant Soldier was, and you'll find the third Kodama standing by the corner. After guiding the Kodama, destroy the crystal and jump down into the hole that was under it where you'll encounter another Yoki and a Gaki next to some crates - make sure to loot the bodies in the room before leaving the storage room.
From the storage room, go right where you'll encounter an Armored Dog. Head up the stairs and you'll find the Scampuss on the left side corner at the top of the stairs. - unlock the door from the Scampuss' location and head outside another garden section.
Before you search the section, make sure to unlock the door on the right side of the corridor to open a shortcut near the second shrine. Check to rooms first that are on the walkway path where you'll encounter a Yoki and Aberrant Soldier. After clearing the rooms, head down the garden section and enter the second dark realm. You'll need to destroy the large spirit stone crystal that's in the middle to dispel the dark realm, it is, however, guarded by two Gaki, Ubume, Koroka, and Aberrant Soldier.
After killing the yokai and destroying the crystal, check the pond where the Gaki was, you'll find the fourth Kodama near it, next to a tree. After grabbing the Kodama, make sure to open the large chest that's near the stairs of the platform leading to the painting of Yatsu-no-Kami.
From the large chest, there's a room on the right side where you'll find a small chest and a Nurikabe yokai wall on the left side of the room. Kill it, or pacify it with the right gesture (if you're lucky) to get a free pass.
The room behind it leads to a path that goes to the basement section where you'll find the Spa (Hot Spring) for this mission and the fifth Kodama hiding behind some baskets at the corner of the room. Instead of going back up, open the door in the same room where you'll find an underground storage room that's guarded by a Yoki, Aberrant Soldier, and Gaki.
From the storage room, there's a path that leads outside where you'll find a ladder that you can climb up. Before going up, check behind the pillar near it and you'll find the Sudama.
After trading with the Sudama, climb up the ladder, and check the right side corner of the corridor. You'll find the sixth Kodama there. After clearing the section, you will now choose which boss you would like to fight in order to continue to the next section. You can either touch the painting of the Yatsu-no-Kami or the Gozuki-Mezuki duo.
Whichever boss you fight and defeat, you'll be able to unlock the path that leads to the third shrine. Simply head up the stairs from the boss arena and open the door where you'll find the third shrine - you can also head back outside the garden section and fight the Gozuki and Mezuki if you want to farm for more Amrita and grab their soul cores and some items.
The second Sudama can be found on the second floor where the Gozuki and Mezuki were fought. It's near the door that you can open that leads to the third shrine. Before you open the door, go straight and into the room where you'll encounter an Aberrant Soldier and another large crystal. Loot the body that the yokai was searching to find 1x Onmyo Mage's Locks.
From the third shrine, head straight and you'll encounter a Yoki and aberrant Soldier in the large room ahead. There really isn't that much to go from here but straight where you'll see a painting of the Kasha. This will teleport you to its arena where you'll have to fight it again to unlock the next section.
But before you touch the painting, check the right side of the stairs, you'll find the seventh Kodama behind the drapes. Once you've grabbed the Kodama, head up the stairs, touch the painting and fight the Kasha for the second time. It's moves and attacks are the same. To learn more about this boss, click here. Once you've killed it, you'll obtain some items, along with its soul core, and it may also drop: Smithing Text: Red Demon Spear.
After the battle against the Kasha, continue forward and head up the stairs where you'll find an Aberrant Soldier at the end of the corridor. The door on the right leads to the third dark realm where you'll come across a Magatsu Warrior which is the source of the field, while the one on the left, there's another room where you'll find a Scampuss behind the dividers on the left side and a ladder that you can climb down where you'll find another ladder that you can kick down for a shortcut near the third shrine.
After clearing the room on the left and killing the Magatsu Warrior on the right, check the right side of the room where you'll encounter two Gaki. From where the yokai was, check the right side, you'll find the last Kodama for this mission hiding behind some cloth that are hanging. There's also a chest that you can open in the room that's on the left where you'll encounter an Aberrant Soldier. The marker that's pointing to the door nearby leads to the main boss of this mission. If you're ready and have made further preparations, open the door to fight the true boss.
Boss Battle: Lady Osakabe
You will now face Lady Osakabe, the main boss for this mission. The key here is to deplete her stamina gauge so that you can attack its major spot, which is its head. To do that, you will need to attack its limbs. To learn more about this boss, click here.
As soon as the fight starts, run to one of her limbs and start attacking it. When a limb runs out of Ki it will drop to the roof where you can easily attack it. All the limbs will attack you while you are doing this, so try to keep moving to avoid the elemental balls. The limbs will occasionally perform a burst attack. This attack can be easily countered providing a great opportunity to defeat the limb. Once a limb is defeated, run the next one and repeat. During the fight, her main head will hover over the battlefield casting random attacks. It's hard to keep track of her, so staying on the limbs is the most advisable strategy. Once you defeat four of her limbs she will become staggered and her main head will fall to the roof. Run to the main head and deal as much damage as you can. After a short while, she will recover and you will need to repeat the whole process. When she runs out of health, run to her main eye (Located at the Castle), and perform a finishing blow to finish the fight - successfully defeating this boss completes the mission and you'll also obtain its soul core and Smithing Text: Wave Swimmer.
[video goes here]
[map goes here]
Trivia & Notes:Trivia and notes go here