Yasakani Magatama is one of the Accessories in Nioh 2. They provide the player with passive bonuses to attack, defense, drop rates, and many more. Players can equip up to two accessories which can be managed in the equipment menu.
Yasakani Magatama Information
A legendary treasure that dates back to ancient Japan. It grants its bearer an equipment set bonus even if they are one piece of equipment short of a full set.
A magatama is a bead shaped like a curved teardrop, of which the Yasakani Magatama is a greatly over-sized version made from red agate stone. Legend has it the Sun Goddess Amaterasu was so despondent at her younger brother Susano's barbarity that she sealed herself in a cave, thus casting darkness over the land. The other gods managed to open the cave by way of a sacred ritual that used the Yasakani Matagama[sic]. Henceforth the stone became Japan's most prized national treasure[sic], but was lost at sea during the battle of Dan-no-Ura in 1185. Some claim it was later recovered, but many others disagree.
Yasakani Magatama Special Effect
Equipping an accessory provides the wearer with unique special effects, this icon identifies the accessory's special effect. This accessory grants:
This accessory can have these Restricted Special Effects
- Fire Damage
- Water Damage
- Lightning Damage
- Elemental Damage
- Life Recovery (Amrita Absorption)
- Amrita Gauge Charge
- Untouched Onmyo Magic
Yasakani Magatama Tips
- This is the only guaranteed source for the Set Bonus Requirements Reduction effect, and until Dream of the Nioh, the only source period. The effect is so powerful and foundational for the concept of a Build that most players assume you have this effect.
- The accessory itself has the same expanded pool of special effects the other Magatama have, making this accessory the most versatile in the entire game.
Yasakani Magatama Location/Where to Find
- This item is Divine and Ethereal rarity only, and cannot drop at all unless you have beaten In the Eye of the Beholder during your first playthrough, and unlocked the ability for Divine items to drop. After that it is a rare drop, but becomes more common as you progress through New Game Plus
- First time completion mission reward for In the Eye of the Beholder starting from Dream of the Strong.