Remodel in Nioh 2
- Using Gold and Metalworking Chisels, you can alter the performance of + value equipment. If you don't know what a +value is, see Item Level Cap for more information.
- Weapons will have their base attack scaling changed either to be biased to one or more stats, or to be slightly more equal than normal, potentially allowing you to increase your attack.
- Armor and Accessories will gain more defense, at the cost of increasing either their weight or stat requirements. These increases will scale with your +level, meaning if you choose weight, it will continue to gain weight as your armor gains plus levels, while also ignoring familiarity. While the defense increase depends on your base equipment, the downsides are purely a flat increase, and isn't influenced by the type of equipment you Remodeled, such that the final weight/ stat req. will always be the base value + the added value.
- These actions can not be done to equipment that does not have a +level assigned to it.
How to use Remodel
After you select a weapon with a +level, you are taken to a screen where you can select between the four scaling options. Pressing triangle on the PlayStation controller will allow you to choose between multiple options, with each of their effects applied at half strength.
- Standard: Default weapon scaling. This has a balance between the amount of attack you gain from each stat.
- Choosing this as when you use the triangle button will allow you to apply one of the other three options at half their normal value, reducing how much attack you gain from remodeling to that stat but also how much you lose from the other two stats. This will overall have a smoothing effect on your weapon scaling, making this most useful if all three stats are even in distribution.
- Specialization 1, 2 and 3: Biases the stat scaling to the top, middle or bottom stat respectively. Choose one of these options if you are mostly invested in the one stat.
- Choosing two of these options will moderately increase the attack gain of both at a severe cost to the remaining option. This is best used when both stats have a significant and roughly equal investment.
Armor and Accessories
- Standard: Default Defense Value. Choosing this as when you use the triangle button will allow you to apply one of the other options at half their normal value, reducing how much defense you gain from remodeling to that stat but also how much you raise the requirements by. The downsides of each remolding option are especially harsh on dream of the Nioh and pushing into the Underworld, as the plus levels reach such high values the downsides become very noticeable.
- Refine: Increases your defense, but at the cost of increasing the Core Stat requirements to use the special effects based on your +level.
- Choosing multiple options will half the defense gain but also reduce the rate the requirements increase by half.
- The stat requirements of Accessories are generally negligible by default outside of certain ones like Yasakani Magatama, so the increase in stat requirements won't be felt for some time, however, the majority of accessories do not scale with the same stats as Armor. As for armor, This drawback is can be mitigated if you already have high scaling in both of the stat requirements for a particular weight class (Constitution and Skill for light armor, Constitution and Strength for medium armor, Stamina and Strength for heavy armor).
- Reinforce: Increases your defense (more than Refine), but increases your weight based on your plus level.
- Choosing multiple options will half the defense gain but also reduce your weight gain by half.
- Even if you invest heavily in Stamina and Strength, you might find that at some point your Agility rating will decline. This is best used on Torso and Leg protection, as the weight increase will be the same no matter what armor type you choose, while Torsos and Leg protection gain more defense than the other armor pieces and Accessories.