New Game Plus for Nioh 2 contains information regarding the following assets that can be brought into playing another playthrough after finishing the game for the first time. Players will see some differences with the initial playthrough, and get to carry over certain progress.
Nioh 2 New Game Plus (Dream of the Strong)
How to unlock New Game +?
- Complete the final story mission "In the Eye of the Beholder."
- From the Country Map screen, press 'square' to select difficulty mode to play on.
Changes applied to New Game +
- Divine and higher level gear and +level gear will now drop. (Divine Graces bonuses etc.)
- Enemies have more health and deal more damage.
- Certain bosses get new moves added to their pool.
- Enemy spawns are modified.
Numeric changes throughout New Game +
|Difficulty||Maximum Gear Level||Maximum Gear +level||Lowest main mission level||Highest main mission level|
|Way of the Samurai||150-160||10||1||?|
|Way of the Strong||160-170||10||?||?|
|Way of the Demon||170-?||20||?||?|
|Dream of the Wise||190||30||380||?|
What is carried over to NG+?
- All items, gear, kodamas, and soul cores collected are carried over to subsequent playthroughs.
What doesn't carry over to NG+?
- Previously unlocked regions will be locked and will need to to unlocked by completing previous regions' main and side missions.