New Game Plus for Nioh 2 contains information regarding the following assets that can be brought into playing another playthrough after finishing the game for the first time. Players will see some differences with the initial playthrough, and get to carry over certain progress.
Nioh 2 New Game Plus
How to unlock New Game +?
- Complete the final story mission "In the Eye of the Beholder."
- From the Country Map screen, press 'square' to select what difficulty mode to play on. After completing In the eye of the Beholder the first time, Dream of the Strong will be available.
- Regions are then unlocked by completing mission. This fills a progress bar, and filling each section unlocks more areas to complete. You unlock the final region after doing 15 Main or Side missions; each fills the bar the same amount. Completing In the Eye of the Beholder will unlock each subsequent NG+ (Dream of the Demon, Dream of the Wise, Dream of the Nioh).
Changes applied to New Game +
- Dream of the Strong
- Dream of the Demon (Requires The Tengu's Disciple)
- Bosses gain new attacks, and existing attacks gain or lose burst counter properties.
- Enemies from throughout the base game and dlc up to The Tengu's Disciple replace enemies in the main missions and twilight missions.
- Divine Graces are added to divine weapons and armor that don't belong to a set bonus.
- Soul Cores can drop in Divine Rarity
- Yata Mirror as a rare drop in scrolls
- Star effects can be found on items.
- Elemental Weapon Damage and Active Skill Damage can be tempered on armor.
- Cursed enemies begin to appear. In dream of the demon they have Increased Movement Speed and status effect imbued attacks if they didn't already. Human cursed enemies consume less Ki when attacking, and Yokai receive less Ki damage.
- You gain the Scampuss Hat Smithing Text for competing every main and side mission available in the base game on this Cycle, along with the previous reward if you didn't have it already.
- Twilight Missions award Fabled Umbracite after your first completion.
- Dream of the Wise (Requires Darkness in the Capital)
- Normal Yokai enemies gain new attacks, and existing moves gain or lose burst counter properties.
- Enemies from throughout the base game and dlc up to Darkness in the Capital replace enemies in main missions and twilight missions.
- Ethereal Rarity equipment drops.
- Ethereal Graces appear on any Weapon, Armor or Accessory that doesn't belong to a set bonus.
- Ethereal Graces that appear in Dream of the Wise will also be put on accessories that gain increased rarity from the stone of penance.
- Yata Mirror appears as a "normal" rare accessory drop (Same conditions as Yasakani Magatama)
- More Special Effects can appear on soul cores, such as Increased Attack/ Defense/ Ki recovery speed (Yokai Ability Hit) and Yokai Ability Damage (Brute / Feral/ Phantom)
- Purity and Corruption Accumulation can be tempered onto weapons and accessories.
- Lucky Drop (Equipped Weapon, Equipped Armor and accessories) can be tempered on accessories.
- Cursed enemies now deal increased Ki damage and Life Drain on their attacks.
- More Special effects can appear on Scrolls, such as Mystic Dyad, Finishing Flair and the Ultimate Core Stat Series.
- You gain the Sudama skull Smithing Text for competing every main and side mission available in the base game on this Cycle, along with the previous rewards if you didn't have them already.
- Twilight Missions Award Divine Umbracite after your first completion.
- Dream of the Nioh (Requires The First Samurai)
- Enemies from throughout the base game and dlc up to The First Samurai replace enemies in main missions and twilight missions.
- Cursed Enemies gain passive health recovery.
- More melee damage based effects can be tempered on armor.
- The remaining Ethereal Graces appear.
- Soul Cores can Drop at Ethereal Rarity.
- The Underworld becomes available.
- Set Bonuses gain + versions if the equipment drops as ethereal, gaining additional effects in the final tier of bonuses.
- More star effects begin to appear on equipment, such as Set Bonus Requirements Reduced.
- You gain the Mumyo's Mask Smithing Text for competing every main and side mission available in the base game on this Cycle, along with the previous rewards if you didn't have them already.
Numeric changes throughout New Game +
|Difficulty||Maximum Gear Level||Maximum Gear +level||Lowest main mission level||Highest main mission level|
|Dream of the Samurai||150-160||10||1||114|
|Dream of the Strong||160-170||10||119||215|
|Dream of the Demon||170-180||20||250||346|
|Dream of the Wise||180-190||30||380||476|
|Dream of the Nioh||190-200||120 (requires underworld)||510||632|
What is carried over to NG+?
- All items, gear, kodamas, and soul cores collected are carried over to subsequent playthroughs.
What doesn't carry over to NG+?
- Previously unlocked regions will be locked and will need to to unlocked by completing previous regions' main and side missions.