|Special Drop||Nurikabe Soul Core
?? Yokai Skill
Nurikabe is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Nurikabe is a passive Yokai that camouflages into a wall and ignores the world around it, unless provoked.
- The yokai known as Nurikabe (noo-REE-KAH-beh) take the form of a giant living wall. They are said to the most enjoy simply standing where no wall should be and enjoying the unease and confusion of travelers. If left alone, they will not move, but if harassed they extend long arms to strike back in rage. Slow-moving but with immense strength and stamina, Nurikabe are formidable foes
- Nurikabe often block the way to valuable items or alternative routes to destinations, although whether they do so knowingly or not is unclear. Once a Nurikabe is angered, there is no alternative but to defeat it , but it is said that the right gestures can charm them into a more amiable attitude.
Nurikabe Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Found in Sub Mission:
- Drops Nurikabe Fragment
- Drops Nurikabe Soul Core
- Combat can be avoided entirely by using the right type of gesture (positive, neutral, negative). It doesn't matter what specific gesture you use as long as it's the right type. You will have two chances to guess the Nurikabe's disposition. The correct gesture will cause the Nurikabe to immediately disappear, dropping its loot without a fight. Two wrong gestures will cause it to attack. Nearby bloody graves created by Nurikabe will indicate what type of gesture caused them to attack the owner.
- Area Attacks - They mainly employ slow and lumbering sweeping moves as area attacks but one you should pay attention to is when it throws its hands at you which, after some time will fly back to its owner while damaging anyone on its path.
- Nurikabe will react immediately when buffed by a Barrier Talisman or when enemy-activated jutsus (Groundfires, Shikigamis, etc.) are placed within their vicinity.
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “Take me… with you… I’ll squash… your foes…”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I used the confused emote and the Nurikabe just left. I'm still kinda confused
I went straight from Nioh 1 to Nioh 2. The first encounter with a Nurikabe in 2 got me killed pretty quickly. They certainly upgraded their abilities in this game. Caught me off guard at first, lol.
It's weak to hand cannon. Aim at the eyes.
I found a mission that had a Nurikabe worth farming. At least for me. In area 4, Pervading Waters has one at the beginning. All I did was killed the first 5 or so guys and the rev for glory, and to the left of the first Rev, there's a Nurikabe. I'd kill him and branch out. If he drops a soul core, I'd just travel amulet back and identify it before branching out. Needed these to craft an armor set. Was also able to farm a decent amount of glory so it was fine for me.
Getting behind it and removing the talisman will kill it right away. Tho there are only few instances you can get behind the wall.