- The Oboroguruma is a yokai in the form of a ox carriage. Ox carriages were a common mode of transport for Heian nobles and a symbol of their wealth, which led many nobles to decorate their carriages lavishly. It was not unknown for nobles to argue amongst themselves for the best space to park their ox carriage when attending festivals and other attractions. These ugly sentiments of conceit and envy, not to mention the resentment whenever one noble would lose an argument with another, were said to commingle and linger within the carriages themselves, eventually transforming them into yokai. In The Tale of Genji, Lady Rokujo is said to have suffered so greatly during one of these carriage-related fighs that her deep disgrace took form as a yokai.
- Being a yokai formed from deep emotions, the Oboroguruma's behavior changes depending on which of its emotions it is currently displaying. It is crucial to observe the expression on the face that protrudes from its carriage to determine your best course of action. Destroying the root of its emotions will temporarily prevent it from expressing itself at all and give you the upper hand in battle.
Oboroguruma Locations & Drops
- Ram - The yokai will shake and charge forward in a straight line causing massive damage to health/Ki (if blocked). The yokai will also swing its cloth arms or shoot a foot out of its back side should the player attack from behind. In the Dark Realm, the ram will charge at the player but teleport through a portal when it lands, making a second ramming attempt out of the portal.
- Bite - The yokai will chomp at the player while moving forward. Burst Attack!
- Corruption Breath - The yokai will blast a stream of corruption in a side-to-side motion. Burst Attack!
- Arm Swing - 2 cloth arms will appear on both sides of the yokai and will be swung horizontally in front of its body up to 3 times. Avoid the arms and sneak in hits on the side of the cart.
Each of the three faces has a weak point (seen with a yellow glow):
- Happy face- inside the mouth (tongue)
- Sad face- horns (on top of face)
- Neutral face - both eyes
- Angry face (red)- heel of the foot that kicks out (burst attack or rear attack)
If you break three weak spots, the Oborguruma will fall over and an amrita core will fall out. It generally only works once per enemy. Doing this 10 times will earn the "Behind the Bamboo Blinds" achievement or trophy.
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Target for achievement: Behind the Bamboo Blinds
- Memories - “That accursed lady-in-waiting! How dare she steal the place where I was to meet my beloved!? Well, she shall have quite the surprise when next she rides in her ox-cart. My spirit shall devour her!”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki