Bakegani is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Bakegani is a crab Yokai that attacks with pincers and balls of water, poison and paralysis.
- Bakegani are giant crab yokai that have made many an appearance in folktales told all over Japan. These tales can generally be divided into three types. In the first, Bakegani are said to be formed when the resentful souls of those who die at sea inhabit the bodies of crabs, transforming them into yokai. This particular legend is common in the vicinity of Dan-no-ura, site of a decisive sea battle in the Genpei War. In the second type of folktale, a traveling monk is typically approached by a stranger, who the monk reveals is actually a crab in disguise before driving the creature away. In the third, Bakegani are depicted as guardian spirits of stream pools or plunge basins. While some are described as violent yokai that attack unsuspecting passerby, others are venerated as water deities capable of granting villages rain.
- The carapace of a Bakeganj features what appears to be a face, and it is with this side of its body that a Bakegani will approach its enemy. While one may be tempted to direct one’s attacks at the Bakegani’s face as it draws near, doing so would play directly into this wily yokai’s trap. The Bakegani’s face is, in fact, not a face at all, and it’s shell is a formidable defensive bulwark capable of resisting most blows. The key to defeating this craft crab lies in circling around it and striking its exposed rear.
Bakegani Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission: ??
- Drops Bakegani Soul Core
- Drops Bakegani Pincers
- Bakegani come in two varieties, large and small. The large bakegani will cause melee strikes to it's front to deal significantly reduced damage and recoil backwards. Imbuing your weapon with lightning will stop the recoil but the physical damage will still be reduced. The best way to deal with them is to get to the back full of amrita and attack there, dealing increased damage and stunning it.
- Several attacks from the large Bakegani will cause it to stand high enough to just walk or dodge through it's legs into the other side.
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “Eating the flesh of the fallen, I have been possessed by their grief and pain.”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
It has a pair of red eyes on it's underside, there are very few opportunities to see them though, if they perform a grab attack on an NPC you will be able to see them
As a lightning user this guys are easier then gaki
And of course they'll constantly hug to wall to make sure you die of boredom fightning them
time for crab