|Special Drop||Waira Soul Core
Wormhole Yokai Skill
Waira is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Waira is a large clawed Yokai that attacks with relentless fury in cavernous settings. They are available from the early missions of Nioh 2.
- Pronounced "WHY-rah." Waira have giant bodies with a single sharp claw on each of their forelegs. While they have been depicted in several ancient scrolls, their lower half has never been painted, and very little is known about these mysterious yokai. There are three prevailing theories about its diet: that it eats stones and dirt; that it eats small subterranean creatures; and that it eats humans. However, since we know so little of the Waira, it might very well eat anything
- Waira are able to move freely between realms the way moles so easily dig into and emerge from the ground. One might surmise that their lower halves have been so rarely seen because they remain in the Yokai Realm while the upper half surfaces to our world. It is wise to practice vigilance when the Yokai Realm is near, for Waira are said to lurk in its darkness while awaiting their next prey.
Waira Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Found in Sub Mission:
- Drops: Waira Soul Core
- Drops Waira Claw
- Swif charging attacks are deadly if not avoided or fully blocked
- Attacks with AOE and grabs
- Using Ninja skills that inflict poison, such as Poison Shuriken, Blister-Beetle Powder, and Toxic Groundfire are an efficient method of dealing damage vs Waira
- Using Shirohami as guardian spirit and attacking with Chomp allows you to poison it, since Shorohami has Imbue Poison (Yokai Abilities).
- Ki Tips
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “Take me somewhere I can eat! Anywhere will do!”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
The Waira is NOT found in The Beast Born of Smoke and Flames main mission.
The more ki it loses, the skinnier it gets.
Then, when it replenishes its ki, it becomes fat again.
Guy creeped me out first time I saw him so I just filled him with arrows and gunshots. Nope nope.
They now have three claws instead of one.
Poison shurikens are the way to kill these slobs.
F this slob piece of*****! Burned all my elixir reserves and have a useless story npc helping and this slob still wont go down after doing a drop attack on his face and about 30 attacks from me alone not counting the npc and this rolly polly piece of stink wont die. Lost at least 4 level ups of Amarita on this garbage. Oh he is not alone, they add another yokai with him who does 1 hit kill charge attacks. Im all for the increased difficulty but this whole situation here is just cheap. Not to mention you have to fight it in the realm where all your abilities are slowed and in a narrow pathway making most of his attacks unavoidable. F this A-hole! I love Nioh 2!