|Special Drop||Rokurokubi Soul Core|
Rokurokubi is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Appearing initially as a human soldier, Rokurokubi will reveal itself mid-fight, it's head sprouting tall from it's elongated neck.
- These yokai feature elongated necks, although they are indistinguishable from regular humans when their necks are retracted. This enables them to blend in with society, so much so that it is said some rokurokubi do not even realize they are not human. In such cases, the rokurokubi often learn of their true nature from people who see the yokai's necks elongate while they sleep.
- There are many theories concerning the origin and true nature of the rokurokubi. While some believe that they are somehow born as rokurokubi when children, others think that they are snakes that have changed into human form after many years. Given the sheer number of theories, it is likely there is no single explanation of their origin.
Rokurokubi Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Found in Sub Mission:
- Drops Rokurokubi Soul Core
- Drops Slender Vertebra
- Rokurokubi will often be disguised as standard human enemies, sometimes even hidden amongst genuine humans. It will even fight as a human for a bit before revealing it's true nature. Keep an eye out for a purple Ki bar to tell the difference.
- Rokurokubi's long neck gives it an impressive range. Be careful when backing off to take an elixer or perform an ability, as it might still be able to reach you.
- Can breathe a stream of fire or poison, and will spit projectiles at longer ranges.
- Has a powerful whirling grab that spins to catch you if you dodge behind. Keep an eye out for the grab particles and back off completely to avoid.
- On Dream of the Wise it becomes a Burst Attack and much faster.
- Depleting a Rokurokubi's Ki almost always staggers it to the ground for an immediate grapple.
- While it's still using a human moveset, it will not be staggered unless you empty it's Ki gauge, however if you do, it will be staggered by everything, react the same way humans do to attacks that tumble or trip like Twisting Spear or Entangle, and even get unique reactions to certain attacks, such as Heaven Flash, which will ground them after the slash connects, which doesn't happen on humans.
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki