Nuppeppo is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Nuppeppo is a Yokai that attacks with its arms and body.
- The Nuppeppo is a yokai that resembles a lump of flesh. The wrinkles and protrusions traditionally depicted on its body in japanese handscrolls may resemble a face, but it is unclear whether this yokai truly possesses facial features, or simply a set of fortuitously-shaped lumps and bumps. Some believe that Nuppeppo and a yokai spoken in ancient Chinese sources whose flesh was used to produce a hugely powerful elixir are actually one and the same.
- According to a text from the Edo period, a Nuppeppo appeared in Sunpu Castle, Tokugawa Ieyasu’s place of residence, in 1609. Though his servants attempted to capture the yokai, it was far too quick to be apprehended. Ieyasu eventually tired of this fruitless chase and ordered his servants to drive the Nuppeppo away instead. There is a lesson for the yokai hunter to be learned from this tale: Do. To be fooled by a Nuppeppo’s slothful appearance, as they can be surprisingly agile when the situation demands it.
Nuppeppo Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission: ??
- Drops Nuppeppo Soul Core
- Drops Nuppeppo Liver
- Drops Dried Nuppeppo Meat
- This enemy has large amounts of damage reduction, except from behind and inside it's mouth. The goal is to bait it into using attacks that expose its mouth and then attacking it's mouth for massive damage, or alternatively doing Ki damage to for an opportunity to attack it from behind.
- Staying far away will prompt it to use either a long range burst attack, it's inhale attack, or burst attack that sprays gas that causes the Berserk status while luring enemies. This is good for you since this allows either a large amount of Ki damage or the ability to attack it's mouth.
- Throwing any bomb (Gunpowder or Shrapnel bombs; either the consumable or the ones prepared in the Ninjutsu tree) towards it while it does its inhale attack will cause it to prematurely stop the attack; and after a short delay, will render it staggered and vulnerable to a grapple move.
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “Give me meat, meat, more meat! Let me eat! Grrrargh!”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
flabby boy be playin with you til he gets in a boxing stance and throws flicker jabs at you
His booty jiggles when he walks
Very tanky, heavy-hitting, weak to lightning. The inhale attack can be extremely dangerous, but it is also its biggest vulnerability if you can get any damaging hit in on it before it eats you.
T H I C C
The American yōkai.
Nuppeppo's inhale attack can be countered by a ninjutsu bomb or cannonball, allowing you the critical attack them