|Special Drop||Koroka Soul Core|
Koroka is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Koroka is an elite type of Yokai that uses magic to conjure fire-based attacks.
- Koroka were once old stone lanterns, and are considered a type of "tsukumogami" (an item that has acquired a spirit.) When a stone lantern that has long remained in disuse is suddenly found lit of its own accord, this is said to be to work of Koroka, or possibly a sign that a Koroka is nearby. A Koroka's flame strikes fear into the hearts of all who see it, for it is believed that these unlucky few will die within days.
- While a Koroka has no face, a soft flame flickers where its head would be. However, witnesses have seen Koroka lift the pipe they wield to their flame the way a man might smoke his tobacco. One theory is that a Koroka's pipe is somehow connected to the Yokai Realm, and they smoke it to inhale otherworldly fumes that fuel an incoming deadly attack.
Koroka Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Found in Sub Mission:
- Drops Koroka Soul Core
- Drops Burnt Wick
- Drops Smithing Text: Koroka Spear
- Blocking effective?
- Area Attacks?
- Ninjutsu tips
- Ki Tips
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “To think you managed to defeat me! You are full of surprises…”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
If you hit them while they charge for that multi-fireball attack you can stun them.
Another reason why so few players use axe. Really amazing when every single yokai can dodge your attacks all day.
looks like an dark souls enemy
Water Onmyo Magic is devastating to them. Water Shot and Thunderstorm Shot give them quick ailments that cause Corruption, and they go down easily.
Ruin Draws Near near the end before boss room the Koroka will spawn everytime time you shrine . Only if you didn't purify the area.
Is it just me or is this enemy really a joke? You can spam attacks all day long and once in while they will do a super move which you can burst counter so easily cause they take an age to charge the attack.