- As yokai that appear in legends from the Oga peninsula in northern Dewa Province, the namahage are viewed as savage servants of the gods. It is said they don straw masks and, with a large knife or hatchet in hand, visit houses in the neighborhood searching for those guilty of laziness or bad behavior. As such, threats of the namahage coming are often used to scare children into good behavior.
- Despite having different names, the yokai known as nagomehagi, amamehagi, appossha, toshidon, and many other names throughout the country are thought to be the same as the namahage, and are concentrated along the coast of the Sea of Japan. They all share a common demon-like appearance and seek out those who are lazy or evil. They are also all considered to be servants of the gods, or even gods themselves.
Namahage Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Found in Sub Mission:
- Drops Namahage Soul Core
- Drops Namahage Horn
- Occasionally drops Smithing Text: Dual Bloodstained Hatchets
- Drops Smithing Text: Dual Bloodstained Cleavers in Bird in a Cage
- Drops Smithing Text: Bloodstained Blade
- Blocking effective?
- Area Attacks?
- Ninjutsu tips
- Ki Tips
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “No crying children around? Maybe I could make some cry…”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!