Kappa is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Kappa is an amphibian-like Yokai that attacks with its claws and the force of its hard shell. Kappa are hunted for the valuable equipment and items they may drop upon defeat in Nioh 2.
- Kappa are diminutive Yokai with green skin, a dish-like depression on their heads, and a turtle-like shell on their back. They generally lurk underwater, but they often emerge onto dry land as well. In the water Kappa are faster than fish, and they are known to commit evils like seizing children playing in rivers by the leg and dragging them under, or stealing the "shiri-kodama" soul from people's behinds and leaving them listless shells of their former self.
- Cowardly by nature, Kappa flee underwater at the first sign of danger. They are rumored to have a taste for cucumber, and to wither and die if the water in the "dish" on their head dries up. Other legends say that a treasure lies concealed inside their shells and can be claimed if the Kappa is slain before it can escape.
Kappa Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Drops Kappa Soul Core
- Drops Kappa Shell
- Attacking it from behind does no damage
- Charges and vaults with it shell
- Area Attacks?
- Ninjutsu tips
- Ki Tips
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki