Their matching element
(Fire, Water, Lightning)
Fox Spirit is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Fox Spirit is a fox Yokai that attacks with Elemental projectiles
- The fox spirit is a fox-based yokai that is highly intelligent and possesses strong magical powers. Foxes that have lived long lives or have been exposed to spirit stones for long periods of time can become fox spirits. Their magical powers increase in strength with age, and as they become stronger, they grow additional tails. A fox spirit with a single tail is said to have the intelligence of a human being and weak magical powers, but one that has lived for a thousand years has nine tails and is capable of performing powerful magic. Some benevolent fox spirits are known as zeniko, who sometimes help humans as Guardian Spirits and are revered as servants of the gods at Inari temples.
- The typical fox spirit is capable of manipulating fire, either by breathing it from its mouth or by spontaneously combusting into mysterious flames of unknown origin. These flames and the magical powers of the fox spirit itself are known as “kitsunebi” (“fox flames”). However, like another type of mysterious flame called “onibi,” kitsunebi does not necessarily take on itself the properties of fire at all. Since the elemental powers can vary with each fox spirit, it is possible that warding solely against fire may not be enough to protect oneself from these crafty creatures.
Fox Spirit Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission: Palace of the Damned
- Mausoleum of Evil (Maelstrom, Dream of the Wise)
- Drops Infernal Fox Spirit Soul Core
- Drops Fox Spirit's Pelt
- Aside from the moves it shares with Ningen, they also can summon elemental projectiles. They are slow moving and don't do much damage, but have large amount of status accumulation. You also won't know what element they are resistant to until they use it.
- After losing all of their ki they fall to the ground, leaving themselves open for a Final Blow.
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “So it seems there is someone I cannot bewitch with my sly arts! My master Inari will enjoy hearing of this, I am quite sure!”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Searched all forums to find a decent answer as to their location and couldn't find one so i went in search of them myself. I found 6-7 of them relatively close to each other. I am on DotStrong, but im sure they are also on DotSam. They are in Darkness in the Capital DLC, Mission "The Blighted Gate" in between the 1st and 2nd Kodama Shrine. 2 in a fiery house, 1 to the right of the house. Moving forward towards the 2nd Shrine youll find 2 on the main path and 1 or 2 more in the nearby Ditch guarding a Kodama Spirit. Use Material drop rate blessing, kodama bowl and your best item drop rate gear/guardians/soul cores and youll have plenty in no time. Hope this helped.
Are they like the oni-bi and imbue the weapon with their element as well?