|Special Drop||Nure-Onna Soul Core
Petrifying Gaze (Yokai Skill)
Nure-Onna is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Nure-Onna is a snake-like Yokai that attacks with swift speed and coils around its target to devour it.
- Pronounced "Noo-ray own-na." This man-eating yokai takes the shape of a snake with a woman's head. Its name literally means "wet woman", and it is seen near water or on rainy days, searching for unlucky humans to make its prey. It is said Nure-onna were once women who tragically drowned, leading them to attack the living out of vengeful malice.
- An obvious source of Nure-onna's name is the fact that its hair is always wet. It can freely manipulate said hair, slicing enemies apart with its razor-sharp strands. Its hair has another surprising use-increasing Nure-onna's fire resistance due to the sodden defensive layer it provides. Perhaps most frightening of all are its snakelike eyes, capable of paralyzing any unwittingly prey with a single glare.
Nure-Onna Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Found in Sub Mission:
- Drops Nure-Onna Soul Core: Petrifying Gaze (Yokai Skill)
- Drops Glowing Lock of Wet Hair
- Drops Smithing Text: Bloodspider Blade
- Drops Smithing Text: Woman's Face Mask
- Hair Swing - The yokai will swing its hair horizontally up to 2 times, switching direction from left to right or right to left, depending on starting direction.
- Needle Sweep - The yokai will fire needles/hair at the player in a horizontal sweep. Projectiles do cause paralysis status.
- Dashing Swing - The yokai will charge at the player and swing its tail when in range of the player.
- Petrifying Gaze - The yokai will charge and fire a beam from its eyes that will paralyze the player. Burst Attack!
- Tail Slam - The yokai will slam its tail vertically at the ground. Burst Attack!
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “You saw me die in pain and misery… Next it will be your turn…”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Usually, getting grappled by an enemy pisses me off...but not with her...
...she loves me...
Main thing to remember about fighting Nure is that they will almost always shift location after every action, so hitting immediately after they attack or before is usually the best way to fight them. Trying to hit them any other time usually misses as they quickly slither away
A few of these things tend to hang from the ceiling. They will automatically grapple you for a fair chunk of hp if they land on you, but hitting them on the tail with a ranged attack when they're hanging like this deals heavy damage and sets them up for a dagger grapple.
This ***** needs to go extinct
GIGANTIC SNAKE MILKERS
Hardest mob in Nioh 2. Can destroy worlds eat your face poison you reach insane distances Shoot barbs paralyze you. Someone screwed this one up
toughest boss in the game
Back away whilst guarding and you won't take damage. Hit them with Shock/Lightning to do a lot of damage and make the fight a lot easier. Still a really annoying enemy but luckily they become much less common during the later game.
Had the Nure-Onna drop a Womans face mask smithing text in the main mission. Had her drop Bloodspider Blade smithing text on a twilight mission. For those that have trouble with these fights use lightning for both damage and slow, and/or a sloth talisman. Makes her waaaaaayyyyy simpler, not easy* mind you but more manageable. *Theres a joke there.
Remove this *****ing thing from the game or lower its health cuz I contemplate selling the game because of this *****
i hate these enemies. so fast, almost no telegraphing for moves at all