- A yokai in the shape of an umbrella. It has a single large eye at its center and a single leg in place of a handle. Also known as "Karakasa-kozo" (Umbrella Kid) and "Ippon-ashi" (one-leg). Appears out of nowhere to startle people on rainy nights.
- Like most yokai in the shape of tools and other man-made items, the Karakasa umbrella is said to be a "tsukumogami": an old object that came to life after being thrown away. A "karakasa" is a kind of traditional Japanese umbrella that included such varieties as the tough but simple "bangasa", the "janome", or "serpent's eye" umbrella with its painted concentric circle design, and the "higasa" or parasol.
Karakasa Umbrella Locations & Drops
After you drain all of the water in the final area before you fight the boss, go to the final shrine below the spring where Hachisuka Koroku stops following you. Facing the shrine, head right, then left, climb the ladder, sprint up the hill and straight off the edge to drop attack Aberrant Soldier, then off again on to the Karakasa Umbrella. Rinse and repeat.
- Found in Sub Mission:
- Drops Karakasa Umbrella Soul Core: Rain of Terror (Yokai Skill),
- Drops Umbrella Rib (crafting material)
- Enemy is fragile and strongest when supporting, kill first before attacking bigger targets
- Blocking effective?
- Be wary of big AoE attacks
- Ninjutsu tips
- Ki Tips
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- Memories - “Having you take me with you makes it all worthwhile!”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Ippon-Datara ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki