|Special Drop||Ippon-Datara Soul Core
One-legged Fury (Yokai Skill)
Ippon-Datara is an Enemy in Nioh 2. Ippon Datara is a one-legged, one-eyed Yokai that attacks with a large hammer or Odachi and deceptively fast skills. It is encountered from early mission in Nioh 2.
- Pronounced "IP-pon DAH-tah-rah." Ippon-Datara is a one-legged, one-eyed yokai. It is most commonly encountered in the vicinity of mines and it is believed to have gained its unsightly form after years of harsh labor as a blacksmith. While it favors wielding weapons such as the hammer or odachi, its powerful leg also makes for a deadly weapon.
- It is said that only the most skilled of master blacksmiths turn into Ippon-Datara. Legend has it that their obsession with their work drives them to harness the power of Spirit Stones, thus losing their souls to sorcery and transforming into Yokai. The weapons these masters create are imbued with an otherwordly beauty, and there is no limit to the zealous collectors who desire them for their private collections.
- Some believes that Ippon-Datara was once the one-eyed god of blacksmiths, Amatsumara who is believed to have taught humans the art of metalworking. He is often worshipped in shrines installed by blacksmiths who desire blessings in their place of work. It is said that appeasing Ippon-Datara's raging spirit may assist in its return to being the patron god of smithing once again.
Ippon-Datara Locations & Drops
- Found in Main Mission:
- Found in Sub Mission:
- Drops Ippon-Datara Soul Core
- Drops Ippon-Datara's Odachi
- Drops Ippon-Datara Fang
- Occasionally drops Smithing Text: Ippon-Datara's Hammer
- Drops Smithing Text: Ippon-Datara's Odachi
- Weapon Swing - The yokai will swing its weapong (hammer or odachi) diagonally at the player before following up with a slamming attack. The slamming attack may be followed up with an additional 1 or 2 downward swings. Standard attack used.
- Big Slam - The yokai will slam its weapon into the ground. Hammer wielding yokai in the Dark Realm will leave behind a pool of fire should the attack hit the ground. Burst Attack!
- Sword Jumps - The yokai with an odachi will hop on the handle of the sword and "hop" on the blade at and around the player. Can be difficult to dodge so be blocking at all times. Usually followed up with Big Slam which is a Burst Attack.
- Extended Swing - The yokai will grab its weapon with its foot and swing horizontally. The hammer is swung only once but an odachi is swung up to 2 times, with the direction shifting either left to right or right to left depending on the starting direction.
- Foot Grapple - The yokai will grab the player with its foot and crush them underneath. Burst Attack!
Notes & Trivia
- Kanji: Yomikata - Lore description.
- The Blacksmith has an Ippon-Datara assistant.
- Memories - “Still I have not mastered my craft… Can you help me reach the next level?”
Aberrant Soldier ♦ Ancient Nyotengu ♦ Bakegani ♦ Biwa Boku-boku ♦ Dweller ♦ Enenra ♦ Enki ♦ Flying Bolt ♦ Fox Spirit ♦ Fuki ♦ Gaki ♦ Giant Toad ♦ Gozuki ♦ Harinobo ♦ Hellish Hag ♦ Itsumade ♦ Kappa ♦ Karakasa Umbrella ♦ Karasu Tengu ♦ Kinki ♦ Kiryoki ♦ Konaki-Jiji ♦ Koroka ♦ Lesser Umi-bozu ♦ Lightning Gods of Yomi ♦ Magatsu Warrior ♦ Mitsume Yazura ♦ Mujina ♦ Namahage ♦ Nightmare Bringer ♦ Nuppeppo ♦ Nure-Onna ♦ Nurikabe ♦ Oboroguruma ♦ One-eyed Imp ♦ One-Eyed Oni ♦ Ongyoki ♦ Oni-bi ♦ Onyudo ♦ Red Kappa ♦ Rokurobi ♦ Rokurokubi ♦ Snowclops ♦ Spider ♦ Suiki ♦ Tatarimokke ♦ Tesso ♦ Toxic Slime ♦ Ubume ♦ Underworld Soldier ♦ Waira ♦ Warrior Skeleton ♦ Wheelmonk ♦ Yamanba ♦ Yasha ♦ Yoki
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
**** these guys
The sword ones don't mess around, be warned their pogo stick attack is good at tracking. Block the whole thing while learning their mechanics imo as they can still rotate on a dime and cut up your **** if you miss the small dodge windows