Wisdom Sutra Sword & Plane Cutter Description
A famous pair of long and short swords forged by the renowned swordsmith Nagamitsu of the Osafune style in Bizen Province (in present-day southeastern Okayama prefecture). The larger of the two blades was said to be worth an enormous 600 kan (an old currency) and this led to it being likened to the "Great Perfection of Wisdom Sutra" which consisted of 600 scrolls, hence the blade's name, which is Daihannya Nagamitsu in Japanese. It was granted to Miyoshi Nagayoshi by Ashikaga Yoshiteru, the thirteenth shogun of the Muromachi Shogunate, and eventually fell into the possession of Okudaira Nobumasa after passing through the hands of Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa leyasu. The smaller blade, known as Kannagiri in Japanese, was given its name from a legend in which Katatamata Goro of Omi Province (Shiga prefecture) was attacked by a mad carpenter at Mount Ibuki, and used the blade to cleave the carpenter's wood plane in two, causing his assailant to vanish into thin air.
Location: Where to Find Wisdom Sutra Sword & Plane Cutter
- Obtained as a reward for completing the Sub Mission: The Golden Nation.
- Obtained as a reward for completing the Online Mission: The Child Prodigy's Invitation
- Available to be crafted once the Smithing Text: Daihannya Nagamitsu & Kannagiri is presented to the Blacksmith.
Materials Needed to Craft Wisdom Sutra Sword & Plane Cutter
- ?? x2, ?? x4, ?? x6, ?? x1
Wisdom Sutra Sword & Plane Cutter Notes & Trivia
- See Blacksmith to understand weapon inheritance and properties.