|Max. Player Capacity||4|
Protection Talisman is a Usable Item in Nioh 2. Usable Items are categorized as consumables which can be used to gain various buffs and effects that benefit in and out of battle, these items can be obtained in various ways, such as rewards from completing Missions, dropped by Enemies, Bosses, randomly looted at various locations, or found inside chests.
Protection Talisman Information
When used, these magical items neutralize a certain amount of damage.
This Onmyo charm is used to invoke divine protection upon the body.
Protection Talisman Effect
- Essentially, this gives you a second, degrading health bar that scales with Onmyo Magic Power and doesn't protect you from elemental damage.
- Any Effect that reduces damage taken will also reduce the damage received on the Protection Effect.
- Amplification will reduce the damage lost over time by making the effect last longer, but won't give you more health.
This table shows an example of the scaling this item has with Onmyo Magic Power. Testing was done in the dojo against a Skeleton Warrior with no armor equipped. As the effect starts degrading immediately after use, these values are not exact and may be slightly higher by ~50 points.
|Onmyo Magic Power||Protection Talisman "Health"|
Protection Talisman Required Material for Crafting
Protection Talisman Notes
- This is a very commonly used item by other players, so you are likely to find more in the Kodama Bazaar if you are connected to online.
- Critical Health builds can make use of this item to gain a large amount of health with extra resistance to physical damage while still being at low health thanks to Damage Taken (Critical)
- Using the Wild Boar Crest Helmet with the Honda Clan will guarantee you take half damage at full life. As this bonus only considers your actual Life bar, this effectively doubles the amount of damage you can take with the protection talisman, as long as you don't take any elemental damage.