|Attack Power||x1.07||Attunement Limit||24|
|Defense Power||x0.95||Yokai Shift||Brute|
Guardian Spirit Protection
|Special Effect||Bonus||Stat req.|
|Anima Bonus (Guard)||A-||-|
|Increased Attack (Medicine)||-||-|
|Melee damage vs Saturated Enemy||+15.0%||Stamina + Constitution = 42|
|Tea Utensil Drop Rate||+10.0%||Heart + Skill = 40|
Isanagami is a Guardian Spirit in Nioh 2. Guardian Spirits can be selected on the Shrine menu and each provides a different boost to the player. Activate Yokai Shift by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller) when the Amrita Gauge is full.
Isanagami, a Guardian Spirit with the form of a whale, is a type of yorigami (visiting god) from the sea. This god of fishing is believed to bring fishermen bountiful catches in its wake. While whales are themselves hunted, they tend to bring schools of smaller fish with them, making them invaluable to fishermen. Over time, this caused whales to be connected with Ebisu, god of fishermen and luck, and associated with successful commerce and bumper harvests. The word "Ebisu" itself used to be a general term for someone from a distant land, eventually evolving to mean any religious faith that came to Japan from beyond the sea. Beached whales or the corpses of whales that drifted ashore were seen as unexpected blessings granted by Isanagami, and were likely met with gratitude.
How to unlock Isanagami
- Start mission The Golden Castle
How to use Isanagami
- Increased Attack (Medicine) multiplies melee damage by 20.0%
- Guardian Spirit Skill is Isanagami rising for air and then diving back down a short distance, kicking up large amounts of water. It does low Water damage and moderate amounts of physical damage, but it is the highest Ki damage Guardian Spirit Skills. Spacing is key to hit with every hit of the attack.
- Just on it's own, this has some of the highest melee damage of any guardian spirit. In a vacuum, it is the highest, however other forms of the melee damage buff exist and are equal to it, and water resistance is the most common elemental resistance for Yokai.
- It provides a large boost to Tea Utensil drop rate, which is great for those that need more money, as selling tea utensils is the best way to get gold quickly.
|Nioh 2 Guardian Spirits|
Amabie ♦ Ame-no-Mitori ♦ Atlas Bear ♦ Baku ♦ Blue Dragon ♦ Genbu ♦ Gyokuto ♦ Hakutaku ♦ Hiyokucho ♦ Ho ♦ Ho-oh ♦ Hoh-oh ♦ Hyobishin ♦ Inosasao ♦ Itokuri ♦ Janomecho ♦ Kagewani ♦ Kurama Tengu ♦ Kuzunoha the Fox ♦ Makami ♦ Masaru ♦ Mizuchi ♦ Nekomata ♦ Nine Tails ♦ Oh ♦ Okuri-Inu ♦ Rokugezo ♦ Saoirse ♦ Saorise ♦ Shin-Roku ♦ Shirohami ♦ Sohaya ♦ Suzaku ♦ Tengen Kujaku ♦ Usura-Hicho ♦ Yaonami-Hime ♦ Yatagarasu ♦ Yumehami