|Attack Power||x0.80||Attunement Limit||24|
|Defense Power||x1.25||Yokai Shift||Phantom|
Guardian Spirit Protection
|Special Effect||Bonus||Stat req.|
|Anima Bonus (Ranged Hit)||A-||-|
|Stalwart (Onmyo Magic)||-||-|
|Elemental Damage Taken||-15.0%||Constitution + Stamina = 32|
|Anima Bonus (Onmyo Magic Hit)||A||Magic + Heart = 30|
Genbu is a Guardian Spirit in Nioh 2. Guardian Spirits can be selected on the Shrine menu and each provides a different boost to the player. Activate Yokai Shift by pressing △ + O (B + Y on Xbox/Steam controller) when the Amrita Gauge is full.
A cross between a turtle and a serpent, Genbu has been worshipped since ancient times as the guardian of the north and the symbol of water. The dual nature of its intertwined snake and turtle bodies have also made it a symbol of yin and yang, and indeed, its ties to Onmyo magic are deep. Highly skilled Onmyo mages venerate Genbu as their guardian spirit, and have mastered the many powers of water in order to extinguish fire, which they see as an agent of chaos.
How to unlock Genbu
- Complete The Sun Sets On Mount Tenno (Dawn)
How to use Genbu
- Guardian Spirit Skill is Genbu appearing and causing three water geysers to appear around it. These geysers will hit multiple times and lifts enemies into the air. Enemies not lifted will still be stunned by each hit of the geysers, and as a whole this attack does a large amount of Ki damage, is strong for applying Saturation, and gives you free reign to do whatever attack you want while it's hitting an enemy, making it one of the best Guardian Spirit Skills.
- Using the Genbu Guardian Spirit, The Unyudo Soul Core, four pieces of the Tatenashi set (Cuirass with Elemental Damage Taken mandatory), two accessories and a Scroll with Elemental Damage Taken, the Otani clan bonus, one armor piece with fixed Elemental Damage Taken (for example, Dragon head helmet) and Elemental damage Taken invested in Agyo Titles allows one to reach -100.0% Elemental Damage Taken, becoming immune to Fire, Water and Lightning damage; however, this doesn't grant immunity to those status effects.
- You can switch to this spirit when you use Onmyo Magic to prevent yourself from getting stunned while using it. Very useful with the Luminous Blade Talisman, as it has a long animation.
- This is the most defensively oriented guardian spirit in the game, reducing all damage taken as well as elemental damage and having largest defense multiplier of all guardian spirits. It also has a very useful Anima Bonus that has synergy with the generic phantom effect. This also gives you a safe way to gain anima during Yokai Shift, even as a secondary spirit. Overall, this is a strong and versatile spirit with a lot of Utility.
|Nioh 2 Guardian Spirits|
Amabie ♦ Ame-no-Mitori ♦ Atlas Bear ♦ Baku ♦ Blue Dragon ♦ Gyokuto ♦ Hakutaku ♦ Hiyokucho ♦ Ho ♦ Ho-oh ♦ Hoh-oh ♦ Hyobishin ♦ Inosasao ♦ Isanagami ♦ Itokuri ♦ Janomecho ♦ Kagewani ♦ Kurama Tengu ♦ Kuzunoha the Fox ♦ Makami ♦ Masaru ♦ Mizuchi ♦ Nekomata ♦ Nine Tails ♦ Oh ♦ Okuri-Inu ♦ Rokugezo ♦ Saoirse ♦ Saorise ♦ Shin-Roku ♦ Shirohami ♦ Sohaya ♦ Suzaku ♦ Tengen Kujaku ♦ Usura-Hicho ♦ Yaonami-Hime ♦ Yatagarasu ♦ Yumehami