Damage Over Time
|Increases the amount of damage over time you inflict on enemies.|
Damage Over Time is a Special Effect in Nioh2. Damage Over Time Increases the amount of damage over time you inflict on enemies.. Special Effects can be acquired from Weapons, Armor, Accessories, Soul Cores and Guardian Spirits and can be either fixed or selected from a random pool.
Damage Over Time Effects
- Increases the amount of damage over time you inflict on enemies.
- Both the Scorched and Poisoned Status ailments inflict damage over time while the effect is active. This special effect increases the damage these effects do.
- Keep in mind that the damage per tick that these effects do are capped at 999. As poison does significantly more damage per tick on its own, this effect is more likely to be useful for scorch, as it won't be as likely to hit the damage over time cap.
- While an enemy is already afflicted with a status ailment the highest Damage Over Time (DOT) % between multiple sources will be used to calculate the damage ticks for the remainder of the status effect. This means for example if a player with 0% DOT inflicts Poison on an enemy and then a player with 10% DOT hits the enemy with any poison attack then the damage ticks will increase to the 10% DOT calcualtion for the duration of that status effect. Note however that the initial DOT % when an ailment is inflicted will be based on the attack that caused the status effect.
Equipment that grants Damage Over Time
- The following equipment has fixed Damage Over Time
Damage Over Time Notes
- Stats requirements of the Equipment must be met in order to acquire the Special Effects.
- In Co-op, Damage Over Time % does not stack between players, so you can have one player with high DOT % perform a single Poison or Fire attack on an enemy already afflicted to increase the amount of damage tick done. This means you can have a strategy where a player can be equipped to inflict and maintain status ailments while another player would have increased DOT % who would then hit an enemy once with an Arcana https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Arcana+of+Fire after the enemy is afflicted with that status ailment just in order to increase the damage ticks for the remainder of that status ailment.