|Receiving fatal damage will leave you with one health point and briefly grant you a period of invincibility.
You will also be afflicted with the Call of the Dead status ailment, which cannot be removed.
While this ailment is active, you can heal yourself by dealing melee damage to enemies, but this is your only allowed source of healing. The Call of the Dead will disappear if you fully heal yourself or defeat your enemies.
Failing to remove this ailment will result in death.
This effect can only be activated once, but can be activated again after praying at a shrine.
Living Dead is a Special Effect in Nioh2. Living Dead gives you a second chance when you would take fatal damage. Special Effects can be acquired from Weapons, Armor, Accessories, Soul Cores and Guardian Spirits and can be either fixed or selected from a random pool.
Living Dead Effects
- If you would die, you instead are left at 1 health and briefly gain a status effect that gives you invincibility, while also gaining the status Call of the Dead, which cannot be removed except by it's own effect.
- This does not occur if you would be saved by Grit or a Critical Yokai Shift effect.
- If Call of the dead expires on it's own, you die.
- While Call of the dead is active, you gain powerful healing when you deal melee damage; this is the only way you can heal, and when you recover to full \health, Call of the Dead is removed. Killing an enemy also removes it.
- This only happens once per life, and resets at a shrine visit.
Equipment that grants Living Dead
- The following equipment has fixed Living Dead
Living Dead Notes
- Stats requirements of the Equipment must be met in order to acquire the Special Effects.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Team Ninja predicted the skill revamp for Dark Knights in FFXIV lol